How do guys in utrip stand so far up in the box and hit well?

-TC-

Manager
Obviously if a pitcher is throwing lower/flat pitches it makes things easier, but I almost feel "jammed" If I stand up in the box and the pitches get toward the arc limit and they call a deep strike.

Im 5'11 so Im not exactly tall or short, and it feels like the pitches would be around chin level after striding and such.

teedub

Banned User
Obviously if a pitcher is throwing lower/flat pitches it makes things easier, but I almost feel "jammed" If I stand up in the box and the pitches get toward the arc limit and they call a deep strike.

Im 5'11 so Im not exactly tall or short, and it feels like the pitches would be around chin level after striding and such.

I was thinking the same thing

22kj22

UrMoufSNIFsofFart
I don't play utrip but go to youtube and search videos of Jeff Hall and you will see why!! Actually check out the homerun derby challenge between Jose Canseco and Jeff Hall. CLASSIC!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I stand up far enough to catch the ball between my chest and waist..........This is where I hit the ball the best. I'll move around the box to get it there.

just moonshots!

2 out nightmare
Catching it at my chest I have more control over what I want to do with every pitch. If im back and it drops I don't feel like I can hit it whoever I want. Let the ball get a little deeper when you are up in the box and you still have a goo height to hot liners to the backside.

WrningTrck21

Star Player
Its all about comfortability. A lot of guys, including myself, do feel like you get more control when u catch the ball high like the guys have said previously, but I've got a guy on my team that hits piss missles all season long and stands deep. He feels comfortable back there so it works for him.

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
I stand with my back foot (right foot) even with the plate. I rarely get pitches that are too high, but I can still hit the low pitches that barely clear plate.

Beavers21

Addicted to Softballfans

thats what you get in utrip flat and fast
if you stand back at all a good utrip pitcher will throw strikes that are about a foot off the ground once they get to the plate

spos21ram

The Legend
I only move way up if the pitcher is pitching flat with some speed to it. If the guy is throwing 10 foot ASA style pitches then there's no need to move that far up.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I stand with my back foot (right foot) even with the plate. I rarely get pitches that are too high, but I can still hit the low pitches that barely clear plate.

x2 back foot in the middle of the plate or it they are calling the flat pitch i move up to were my back foot is at the front of the plate

Go Blue !!!!

DBO and Solo King !
They stands so far up because they have less distance to go to blow up the pitcher ! :D the balls between waist and chest are the best for me to hit pissles

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
It easier than trying to pick it up off the ground when it falls right behind the plate.

Go Blue !!!!

DBO and Solo King !
When i first started playing utrip and see those flat pitches , it was around the time i started cutting the ball more and hit 60 dbos in 1 year...It took me a bit to get the ball down on the green...Automatic_d use to laugh his ass off at me when i did this ****...Now i am fine :D

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
When i first started playing utrip and see those flat pitches , it was around the time i started cutting the ball more and hit 60 dbos in 1 year...It took me a bit to get the ball down on the green...Automatic_d use to laugh his ass off at me when i did this ****...Now i am fine :D

DBO's are for stupid people.

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
what the F is a dbo?

images

KannonsDad

**** you
So many of our umpires are too concerned about where the ball lands as opposed to making sure it passes through the rulebook strikezone. I find that if I stand back in the box, pitches will be called strikes that land barely past my front foot. You almost have to determine the umpire's zone and adjust accordingly.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
So many of our umpires are too concerned about where the ball lands as opposed to making sure it passes through the rulebook strikezone. I find that if I stand back in the box, pitches will be called strikes that land barely past my front foot. You almost have to determine the umpire's zone and adjust accordingly.

Exactly. Knees to shoulders is never called.