How do I handle this?

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
There is a new guy on my team who is a Pitcher the problem is he is not good as a pitcher. I do have a guy coming who is a pitcher and pitched in Fla last year I think in the E Worlds. So whats the best way to tell Guy A that he ios out. Ani I dont think he can play any other position Thanks.

trip

stfu
if he's not friends with anyone it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

though, neither is being a pitcher for E worlds

Joker

you need to come up with some elaborate scheme to get him to quit. some ideas off the top of my head:

talk to the other teams in the league and get them all to hit at him
have everyone on your team start heckling him whenever he walks a guy
have your catcher never throw the ball to him. shorthop it, over his head, to the 2nd baseman

trip

stfu
tell him the new guy is the team's sponsor, it's his money so he plays where he wants

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
Get his phone number address and full name.
Create a Linkedin page for him to catfish potential employers
Also create a fake girl facebook page
Use the page to contact some businesses and have them call his current employer for references
His boss will be upset about his job hunting he will either fire him or confront him about it, creating tension in the office
Phase one Complete

With the fake facebook begin to romantically message him
once he falls in love schedule a meeting with him at a fancy restaurant
dont show up for the scheduled date
instead, while he is out, forward all messages to his wife
He will be heartbroken about being stood up and when he arrives home his wife will be furious of his affair
Phase 2 complete

Finally with his job life and home life in shambles, he will approach you one morning in distress saying he cannot continue playing due to all his current problems.
Fake like you are honestly concerned and you hope the best for him and hopefully your team can manage without him.

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
How about just telling him you're going to try out a new guy and see where it goes. If he's a typical softball player he'll get pissed on his own, without provocation, and walk.

KD317

Addicted to Softballfans
don't tell him and just have new guy run out and pitch a ball as practice before the batter comes up each inning, this will in turn make him have to face the first batter, at that point say "oh since we are already in this position, lets just keep it"
Repeat 7 times each game for the rest of the season.

Or just tell him.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
Use the page to contact some businesses and have them call his current employer for references
His boss will be upset about his job hunting he will either fire him or confront him about it, creating tension in the office
Phase one Complete

He will be heartbroken about being stood up and when he arrives home his wife will be furious of his affair
Phase 2 complete

Finally with his job life and home life in shambles, he will approach you one morning in distress saying he cannot continue playing due to all his current problems.
Fake like you are honestly concerned and you hope the best for him and hopefully your team can manage without him.

I think the right intentions are there but this may prove too elaborate. Easier, just get him to smoke crack with the team a few times then let the wife know--pics if possible. This has always been effective for me.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Phase one Complete

Phase 2 complete

This plan lacks originality. For the reason and that reason alone I wouldn't go through with it.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
If he's not good at pitcher, he knows it already and you're doing him a favor getting him off the mound. Him thinking too much will get his head blown off with a middle shot. New guy is perfect, unless you're playing C or up, then an E pitcher isn't helping.

markcarranza80

Addicted to Softballfans
maybe old pitcher will be relieved that a "relief" pitcher finally showed up since he was only pitching cuz no1 else on the team wanted to

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
you need to come up with some elaborate scheme to get him to quit. some ideas off the top of my head:

talk to the other teams in the league and get them all to hit at him
have everyone on your team start heckling him whenever he walks a guy
have your catcher never throw the ball to him. shorthop it, over his head, to the 2nd baseman

This **** drives me crazy, how damn hard is for a grown man to throw a softball semi-accurately at 60 feet. FFS

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Have half your team not show up so you have to forfeit. Do this as long as it takes for him to get frustrated and quit. It may be drastic, but it is as close to 100% effective as you can get. Sure beats telling him the truth cuz nobody likes dealing with that ****. We must make those that don't cut the mustard not feel like they need to be better. Get him a "thanks for playing" ribbon or something too. That would the right thing to do, and just nice of you.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Knock up his wife then give him a guilt trip for being out and leaving his pregnant wife alone at home.