How embarrassing it must be to be a Raiders fan

Apoc13

getting too old for this
In an effort to generate more revenue for the city, county and I'd assume the two teams involved, the folks in charge of the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (the artist formerly known as McAfee Coliseum, even more previously known as Network Associates Coliseum) have apparently come to terms with Overstock.com to rename the stadium Overstock.com Coliseum. The deal is worth $7.2 million over the course of six years.

Overstock boasts that it offers "a wide variety of high-quality, brand-name merchandise at discount prices." That's a good fit with the Raiders, who offer a wide variety of low-quality play at high-end prices.

chacha15

rec chip
Yo but that chick from the overstock dotcom commercials was a cutie.

sabine-ehrenfeld.jpg

sabine_ehrenfel.jpg

sabine_ehrenfeld_photo_14.jpg

raiders2152

Addicted to Softballfans
Every stadium has marketing, dont really know why this was even brought up?!?!? Just some more fools who cant root for their own team and want to hate on the raiders.

njarcher21

Addicted to Softballfans
Every stadium has marketing, dont really know why this was even brought up?!?!? Just some more fools who cant root for their own team and want to hate on the raiders.

I don't really think you can classify what people feel towards the Raiders as "hate". I believe correct terms could be indifference, pity and/or disgust. They are far too insignificant for anyone to hate.

raiders2152

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't really think you can classify what people feel towards the Raiders as "hate". I believe correct terms could be indifference, pity and/or disgust. They are far too insignificant for anyone to hate.
The Raiders are one of the oldest teams around, so there is more deeply rooted "hate" than maybe you know of. And as far as pity I dont think people who pity someone or something try to crack dumbass jokes about them.......Oh yeah ask the chiefs, chargers and broncos about us being insignificant.

not as embarrassing as 59-14 at Invesco /thread
I was born over there so that was the best win in a long time for me!!

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans

Yeah, but the Raiders have Superbowl Rings unlike that team from Philly. Ask **** Vermeil he will tell you.

doG

dabz
In an effort to generate more revenue for the city, county and I'd assume the two teams involved, the folks in charge of the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (the artist formerly known as McAfee Coliseum, even more previously known as Network Associates Coliseum) have apparently come to terms with Overstock.com to rename the stadium Overstock.com Coliseum. The deal is worth $7.2 million over the course of six years.

Overstock boasts that it offers "a wide variety of high-quality, brand-name merchandise at discount prices." That's a good fit with the Raiders, who offer a wide variety of low-quality play at high-end prices.

Im a Raider fan but I lol'd at the last part:eek: The Raiders will return to the land of relavancy when they kick the image of being a place no one wants to go play i.e. when Al Davis or anyone remotely associated with him has nothing to do with the team.

chinny12

Gettin' Zapped!
While the Browns suck, they haven't sold out... yet. Are there any other teams that use the team name as the stadium name? I can't think of any off the top of my head...
brownsstadium_lg.jpg

Meskin24

those arent pecks
QUOTE=chinny12;13349102]While the Browns suck, they haven't sold out... yet. Are there any other teams that use the team name as the stadium name? I can't think of any off the top of my head...
brownsstadium_lg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cowboys Stadium

cowboys-stadium.jpg

njarcher21

Addicted to Softballfans
QUOTE=chinny12;13349102]While the Browns suck, they haven't sold out... yet. Are there any other teams that use the team name as the stadium name? I can't think of any off the top of my head...
brownsstadium_lg.jpg

Cowboys Stadium

cowboys-stadium.jpg
[/QUOTE]

you couldn't even find a real ****ing picture?

yeff24

Addicted to Softballfans
Cant blame them...Davis needs the money so he can over pay for his talent like always...how do you think he could sign Jawalrus to a contract like that...now take that 7.2 and give it to Namdi or zach miller

yeff24

Addicted to Softballfans
Also for those who mention Cowboys stadium..From what I have read uncle Jerry is looking for someone to sponsor the field but no one wants to cough up the price...same with the new meadowlands

shorel

Addicted to Softballfans
While the Browns suck, they haven't sold out... yet. Are there any other teams that use the team name as the stadium name? I can't think of any off the top of my head...
brownsstadium_lg.jpg

the giants and jets still play at the "new meadowlands stadium." not out of principle, they just haven't found any takers, presumably b/c the asking price is too high. for some reason, columbia/sony hasn't ponied up the money to name it "Columbia Records/Bruce Springsteen Stadium" which is the obvious choice.:rolleyes:

Jobu

g'damn, I wish we had something like Cowboy's Stadium here in LA.

I've been to Cowboy's Stadium, and it's one of the most kick ass things ever created by man. Absolutely freakin' kick assery at its finest.

3XC

Big Truss
PSI net was pretty bad. The company was defunct and the stadium carried the name for another season.

chinny12

Gettin' Zapped!
I forgot about the Cowboys Mecca. I would love to see that place, one day. I'm not ponying up $500 for 2 "decent" tickets though.

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans
And you don't have any rings either...but why you mad tho?

I am just saying you young guys have watched football for five years and you think you are know it all experts. You call teams like the redskins and raiders things like a joke, irrelevant, etc. And these teams have a legacy of winning superbowls and such.. Just stating the facts

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Jesus $7.2 million over 6 years?

The AZ Cardinals got $154.5 million over 20 years for University of Phoenix Stadium.

If you are going to sell out at least make it worthwhile.

njarcher21

Addicted to Softballfans
I am just saying you young guys have watched football for five years and you think you are know it all experts. You call teams like the redskins and raiders things like a joke, irrelevant, etc. And these teams have a legacy of winning superbowls and such.. Just stating the facts

You're right...young guys like me are mistaken when we consider the current Raiders organization a joke. It was only just yesterday in 1984 when they won their most recent Super Bowl as well so yeah, that's still relevant.

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans
You're right...young guys like me are mistaken when we consider the current Raiders organization a joke. It was only just yesterday in 1984 when they won their most recent Super Bowl as well so yeah, that's still relevant.

Well this was the first time you used the word current. So with this line of thinking, this would mean the Eagles have never been relevant because they never won a super bowl?

eddiecut

Addicted to Softballfans
there are a lot more stadiums out there that are sponsored by a company then just a "few"....