Need Help How long is "It's yours" good for?

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Just asking what everyone else thinks and how they would handle this situation (which I am sure happens quite frequently on here). Seller posts a bat for sale for $XXX OBO. I offer a little less ($10) than asking just because everyone haggles on here and because I think the bat in question was priced at the high end of its value. Seller sends PM back to me a short time later stating "it's yours for $XXX (my offer). my paypal is xxxxx, etc. I was busy doing something when I got that PM or else I would have sent paypal right away. Get another PM from the seller 11 minutes later stating he was offered $5 more than my offer and that he was going to sell to the other buyer instead. :wtf2:.

I know, sour grapes and all that. And I know this happens a lot on here. Heck, I've probably done it too in the past (can't really remember doing it though) but probably waited longer than 11 minutes. Guess I'm a bit peeved at these "backdoor auctions".:mad: And no, I am not going to start a NGTG or buyer beware thread....

Last edited:

Joker

this deserves a buyer beware with the sellers name otherwise just delete it, its pointless

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Selling it to someone else for more after saying it's yours is extremely ngtg. Seller should have said that if you don't pay by x time I'm moving along. This is atleast a buyer beware.

ramrod55

Famously unfamous
Well I'm not sure or not about a BB but definately
Not cool.
I've never done that before. Deal is a deal.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
NGTG!!!!! It does happen to often and is B S... seller can hold off on your offer for other offers but if he says its yours and gives his pp.. deal done.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
Never seen so many people hard up for $5. I'd gave ya till morning then sent a pm asking for a response.