How many GTG...

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I think I had to get like 5 deals under my belt before I had to stop shipping first.

qwertle8

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember a couple of years back someone scammed a bunch of members by creating a number of accounts and giving himself GTG's. So it depends on who your GTG are from, if you have a few from people that most posters would recognize then 5 would work for me, if not probably 10.

Piffd

If someone has successfully sold/traded 5 bats on here that I can verify with other GTG board members, then I usually don't have a problem paying before shipment. GTGs as a buyer or for small items sold don't count towards trustworthiness, IMHO.

angryelf22

Addicted to Softballfans
I think I had to get like 5 deals under my belt before I had to stop shipping first.

This^^^^ I only have 5 or 6 deals, but all with gtg bros and all with gtg feedback, so on my last deal, I didn't have to ship first. He asked...but just to see if I was willing...

And a nod to you from a former Naperville resident!

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
For me it was only a handful of deals... and only 1 of those was me selling... so I guess it depends on the buyer.

AJ22

Super Moderator
We do not have a board rule at this site on someone shipping first. In fact, we can't tell anyone what to do with their personal property.

However, it is an unwritten rule or board protocol that we would like in good faith a member without any feedback to ship first to a GTG board member. But, that doesn't mean a member has to do this ..

Strong suggestion would be to use a middleman if an agreement on shipping first can't be reached. Its up to any member to protect themselves ... including a member without feedback. We can't force anyone to do anything !

GZ-JT

Addicted to Softballfans
none....if you are selling a bat and don't want to ship first, don't. Move on to the next person. But if you screw them over, watch out for the bomb in your mail box.

flatstick96

Addicted to Softballfans
GTGs as a buyer or for small items sold don't count towards trustworthiness, IMHO.

I get what you're saying here, and while I agree that good buyer feedback doesn't necessarily exempt someone from having to ship first, I disagree that buyer feedback doesn't (or shouldn't) count toward trustworthiness at all.

If someone has GTG feedback from 100 different members, and no NGTG feedback, I can be pretty sure that person is a stand-up individual who I can trust, even if all of their feedback is as a buyer. I think it unlikely that someone would be a rock-solid, never-have-any-problems kind of buyer, and then turn out to be a shady, underhanded, scumbag of a seller...

Just my opinion.