How many home runs will you hit this year

ntm1977

Addicted to Softballfans
Cannot bat 1,000 tryin to go yard. Even the best power hitters pop up eventually , my buddy always hits a ton but pops up at the wrong time I will hit a ton of inside the parkers , but those don't count always an error somewhere . A few leagues I play in theres no fences so unless you can hit a ball 600' its an out. And I don't shave or roll my stuff like some others on here so won't be hitting them that far.

Last edited:

huzzdog

retired
Cannot bat 1,000 tryin to go yard. Even the best power hitters pop up eventually , my buddy always hits a ton but pops up at the wrong time I will hit a ton of inside the parkers , but those don't count always an error somewhere . A few leagues I play in theres no fences so unless you can hit a ball 600' its an out. And I don't shave or roll my stuff like some others on here so won't be hitting them that far.

most of the hr's i hit.. i'm not trying to.

Noquar

Extra Hitter
I will hit...maybe 2. I have a hard time following through on my swing. My right hand is dominant and seems to "push" past my left hand..it's weird, and I don't know how to correct it yet.

rwatson

Addicted to Softballfans

Tell Greg Connell that you cant lead the conference in BA and HR (and RBI)... and no ones batting .1000, even line drive hitters pop up occasionally, or hit soft ground balls.

jhitman

Tell Greg Connell that you cant lead the conference in BA and HR (and RBI)... and no ones batting .1000, even line drive hitters pop up occasionally, or hit soft ground balls.

IMO.....

.500 or below is a hitter that bats 7th or below
.500 is an average hitter
.600 is a good solid hitter that will bat in the top half of the lineup
.700 or better you are a star player on your team and bat 3-4-5

ETDave

Old School
My original estimate was 2.5. After my game Tuesday night I'm revising that to 2. Still waiting to hit # 1.

most of the hr's i hit.. i'm not trying to.

Wait, are you trying to tell me that HR hitters can be good hitters too? And that the ever so popularly amazing base hitter will sometimes get out?

It was my understanding that the guys that bash people who hit HRs and brag about their hitting prowess never get out. Don't they place the ball with pinpoint accuracy with their perfect swing every AB? I'm guessing you're trolling because there's no way that anyone who is a real hitter ever miss-hits a ball and pops up, lines out or grounds out.

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
Bros, bros... It's not about how many you hit. It's about how far you hit them. Mine, for instance, go 1000+ feet and show up on doppler radar as class 4 tornadoes.

jhitman

Only playing in 2 leagues in the Spring (20 game season + playoffs). So far have hit 4 HR's in 4 games.

Last edited:

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Wait, are you trying to tell me that HR hitters can be good hitters too? And that the ever so popularly amazing base hitter will sometimes get out?

It was my understanding that the guys that bash people who hit HRs and brag about their hitting prowess never get out. Don't they place the ball with pinpoint accuracy with their perfect swing every AB? I'm guessing you're trolling because there's no way that anyone who is a real hitter ever miss-hits a ball and pops up, lines out or grounds out.

I must say, a few years ago in church league, a fellow that plays tourneys on a sponsored team played with us and batted batted 1000. We played 40 games that session and he only missed a few. There are always about four really good teams out there, but the rest are no match for Bruce. That was a fun year. I played 108 games on four different teams. We got second in church league to a team with five ex-pro baseball players and an NAIA all American. It's competitive for a church league.

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
I would have to guess around 85/90. that includes league, sr ball, unlimited HR tourneys and UTRIP. with the majority coming from sr 40s since we get 8 total per game.

jd10

Came to make a bang
Bros, bros... It's not about how many you hit. It's about how far you hit them. Mine, for instance, go 1000+ feet and show up on doppler radar as class 4 tornadoes.

This made me laugh.

I figure 2 leagues this summer, 24 games each, so 48 games, 3 at bats in each, so roughly 150 at bats. I plan on hitting 2 HRs per at bat, so 300 this year. I crush the home run, then run into the outfield and hit the ball back to home plate, so it counts as 2 HRs (this is legal, check your rule books).

Of course i rare back and swing with the force of a thousand dying suns, so I'll need a new bat for each swing.

sjury

The Old Man
First game of the season was Thursday and I hit a first inning homerun, so I'll hit at least 1.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I'm going with 2. Already hit them both. I don't swing for it. We've got legit power hitters that use up our HRs. It's cool with me. OBP for me.