How many outs

Iceman6409

Runners are on 1st and 2nd. No outs. Batter hits a short pop fly ball in the infield. Infield fly is immediately called. The pitcher makes a play for the pop up but never gets to it and the ball falls to the ground and remains in fair play. Runner on first has come off the base while the ball was still in the air and is 3/4 of the way to second base when infield fly is called. Speedy runner. The runner on 2B holds the base. The pitcher picks up the ball in fair territory and flips to the first baseman who steps on first. In the confusion of infield fly the runner from first is now not sure what to do so he goes to second. The runner on second is confused and comes off second slightly before the other runner gets there. He then heads for third base and is tagged out on the throw to third. How many outs do you have?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Change ‘em up, boys. Three outs.

This is what happens when you have 20 base coaches. Where were the actual base coaches, and why weren’t they actually coaching the runners?

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
I only have two here based on what I'm reading. The fielder just stepped on first. B/R is already out and there is no appeal for leaving early. So you have the batter/runner out on the infield fly and the tag out on the lead runner. I didn't read in the OP that the trailing runner was actually tagged.

Iceman6409

I only have two here based on what I'm reading. The fielder just stepped on first. B/R is already out and there is no appeal for leaving early. So you have the batter/runner out on the infield fly and the tag out on the lead runner. I didn't read in the OP that the trailing runner was actually tagged.

Original runner on second was tagged out going to third. The original runner on first forced him off second, so to speak

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Original runner on second was tagged out going to third. The original runner on first forced him off second, so to speak

Right, I saw that, but that runner going from 1st wasn't forced anywhere and wasn't tagged. Really, the runner coming from 2nd wasn't forced anywhere either but he was tagged while off the base, so he's out. 2 outs only here.

ureout

The Veteran
yes 2 outs... B/R is out on the IF call... runner going to 3rd is out on the tag... runner on 2nd is safe no need to tag on the no catch

tonys1

yes 2 outs... B/R is out on the IF call... runner going to 3rd is out on the tag... runner on 2nd is safe no need to tag on the no catch

So how do you determine which one of your alts you respond on, between ureout and AG #1?