USSSA how many seconds in batters box

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
I know about the quick pitch but what's the rule about not pitching when the batter's ready (if the batter did not ask for time prior to stepping into the batter's box).
Yes I'm very green :eek:

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Well, for sure they have a time limit before they deliver the pitch...

F. The pitched ball must be released within 5 seconds from the time the
pitcher has the ball and the batter has taken his position in the batter’s box.
From this point, the umpire shall not give a call or signal for “time” unless
something unusual occurs.

Othwerise, it seems like it's a judgement call as all that is said about a "quick return pitch" is defining it:

QUICK RETURN PITCH is a pitch made by a pitcher with the obvious attempt to catch
the batter off guard and balance. This could be when the batter first takes his position in the
batter’s box and before he is ready, or when the batter is still off balance from the previous
pitch.

buckster

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA 8.6.3 - The pitcher has 20 seconds to release the next pitch after receiving the ball or after the umpire indicates "play ball".

(If you're taking longer than 20 seconds to deliver a pitch with no time called there's a problem.)

EFFECT: A ball is called on the batter.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
ASA 8.6.3 - The pitcher has 20 seconds to release the next pitch after receiving the ball or after the umpire indicates "play ball".

(If you're taking longer than 20 seconds to deliver a pitch with no time called there's a problem.)

EFFECT: A ball is called on the batter.

That's the fast pitch rule. Slow pitch is 10 seconds.

buckster

Addicted to Softballfans
Duurrr... sorry, looking at a rulebook and trying to post a reply with a wildly excited 2.5 year old running around wanting to play baseball with me is harder than I thought. I yield my remaining time to the gentleman from North Carolina.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Duurrr... sorry, looking at a rulebook and trying to post a reply with a wildly excited 2.5 year old running around wanting to play baseball with me is harder than I thought. I yield my remaining time to the gentleman from North Carolina.

Who's that? :confused: :D