How to hit high arching pitches??

Goldeneagle81

The Rookie
We have guy in our league who throws the perfect arch pitch and is very accurate. It's already hard to wait on his high-arching pitches, but when they get there I sometimes don't know how to approach them. Any tips on what angle to swing the bat on this type of pitch, or how to time it? Thanks..

hrdchrgin13

I was joking about the Judo chop. Cut it. aim for the middle, if your lucky you create backspin and you'll give the pitch a ride.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I guess that depends on your swing. I just try and be patient but don't do too much different. If you are having that much trouble with it, see if someone can throw you somewhat similar bp pitches.

hrdchrgin13

I didn't change much other than trying to get back in the box. Good level swing no uppercut... Boom... Pow... Thawhack...

Goldeneagle81

The Rookie
I didn't change much other than trying to get back in the box. Good level swing no uppercut... Boom... Pow... Thawhack...

Thanks - will try that. I usually scoot up though, bc that way I don't have to wait as long. I can see how it would help in this case to move back.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I played ua exclusively for years. You gotta just be patient and wait for the ball to come down. My approach always stays the same. Whether it's asa, usssa or ua. See pitch, be patient, hit pitch hard.

Space_cadet

Star Player
Alot of BP. When im pitching in BP i usually give my teammates 10 perfect HR pitches. After that i give them "game" pitches.

Roll1

OBGYN
Depends on how far behind the plate they are calling strikes, and if the ball has to cross the batter at some point or if it can just drop strait down out of the sky like mat ball for example.

For me its easier to stand as far away from the plate and as far back in the box as possible. Look to Let the ball travel and then take it opo. if he makes a mistake and leaves it short rip it. Think of hitting soft toss into a net, with a little more emphasis on the ball lofted toward your back foot