How to Search (Tutorial with pics)

JHall0518

Hitting infield singles
We all know that the search function on the forum isn't the best because you can't really search for a mutliple word phrase. So instead of jumping on every noob's case I figured I would try and save everybody time by putting together a little tutorial to show you how you can properly execute a successful search.

When somebody joins this forum they usually just start a new thread asking a question that we have all heard a thousand times before. Some of them do search but like stated earlier it doesnt always work. In this instance we will be searching for the "best ASA bat" which is a common topic of discussion.

Step 1. Open up a new tab and go to google.com

Step 2. Type in "site:softballfans.com" This will make it only search the entire inventory of threads from SBF, no other websites.

tut1.jpg

Step 3. After completing step 2 type what you are searching for

tut2.jpg

Step 4. Push Search and enjoy! In some instances it will pull of really old threads so please check the date on some of them and if they are more than a couple months old do us a favor and dont comment/bump them.

Tut.jpg

txbullets

The OG JayZ
or you could just use the search function on the board in the upper right hand corner instead of using Google.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
or you could just use the search function on the board in the upper right hand corner instead of using Google.

Except for the fact that the site's search function won't let you search phrases, just words. If you put in "best ASA bat" it will bring up every thread that has those 3 words at any point in the thread, which as I'm sure you realize includes alot of threads that have nothing to do with the best ASA bat.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
It says "About 4840 results"...it obviously only gets a small fraction of the total.:rolleyes:

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Someone got owned and it wasn't the noob

Except for the fact that the site's search function won't let you search phrases, just words. If you put in "best ASA bat" it will bring up every thread that has those 3 words at any point in the thread, which as I'm sure you realize includes alot of threads that have nothing to do with the best ASA bat.