How would one go about

David the Gnome

The Veteran
This service (ZenMarket) partnered with another forum I am a member on (not related to baseball). It looks like they will purchase things for you in Japan for a small fee and then ship it to you internationally. Their site looks really easy to use. Link below should take you directly to the baseball gloves they can order for you from Rakuten, sorted descending by price, which is the easiest way to tell the hardball gloves from the rubber ball gloves.

https://zenmarket.jp/rakuten.aspx?c=201780&sort=priced

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Dilemma...........

Anna left this morning for a week long mission trip to Honduras, this is a school mission trip and she’s one of four girls on the softball team who went. Here’s the dilemma, there’s a couple that goes to our church, awesome couple who’s celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary, the husband went to Japan several years ago for work, he was there for two months, it was obvious he fell in love with Japan! This trip he and his wife are going to a upstart church to help all they can for two weeks, I fully expect this couple to move there within the next 5 years!

I completely forgot they were leaving this morning, I got up this morning at 3:45am to have Anna at the airport at 4:45am, got her all situated, gave her a big hug & kiss and found the biggest HS boy and let him know he better look after her or I’d literally kill him, they’ve heard the stories and they’re all scared of me!

Anyway, this couple was boarding at the same area Anna was boarding and they saw each other, hugs all around especially considering this couple’s son is absolutely in love with Anna, so is this couple!

I had already left and missed them, I was completely in zombie mode! The husband sent me a text telling me he saw Anna and gave her a big hug..........and the only thing that jumped in my mind was.........they’re going to Tokyo!!! I sent this guy a link to the Kubota Slugger store that Rous linked several months back, they have two stores, one outside of Tokyo, he said they have rail passes and are already going exactly to the town where this store is and to just let him know! Decisions Decisions!!

http://dennisamith.com/2017/04/27/the-one-about-kubota-slugger/

I’ve looked, it’s a pain in the butt finding all the model numbers / series to these gloves, any idea how or who to talk to about a particular model! Something like a 12.5” hardball model. And any idea what kind of money it would take for him to walk out of this store with a Kubota Slugger in hand?

Revisiting this thread.........again!

I had to have Anna at the airport this morning at 4:00am for another mission trip to Honduras, and the couple I was talking about who celebrated their wedding anniversary in Japan, well they're moving to Japan for at least two years next month to work at and to help a start up church. Both of them turned in their notices at work this week, all their finances are almost arranged, stepping out on faith big time!

So I guess you probably know where I'm going with this? ;) Me and my wife are having them over this coming Sunday for lunch and I'm sure jokingly the guy will bring up the "so do you want me to send you a glove this time or not comment?!" Well yeah!

So let's talk about brands......I know I mainly talked Kubota Slugger when I started this thread, which I'm still open to, but I want to get some opinions about other brands like Zett, IPselect, Asics, Atoms, UA, SSK, Xanax, Tamazawa, and of course a true Japanese Mizuno Pro Limited.

If you were in the market, which Japanese glove would you look at first? Or if anyone here has several different gloves from any of these makers, which do you like the most and would buy again?

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Johnny, I went on an IPselect binge watch on IG this past winter. Found some usable patterns (not the wide heel) and loved the small or nonexistent stampings. Price always became the stopping point, but it was fun to see different leather and stitching combinations that were tastefully done.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Johnny, I went on an IPselect binge watch on IG this past winter. Found some usable patterns (not the wide heel) and loved the small or nonexistent stampings. Price always became the stopping point, but it was fun to see different leather and stitching combinations that were tastefully done.

Yeah Wally, this IP has definitely piqued my interest!141201-ip025-k_6.jpg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I really like this ^^^^^ glove, but like David the Gnome said last week, we can get a H-web glove anywhere, I have 6 of them right now. But again this particular IPselect is very nice! David has a great point, stepping outside the box to obtain something a little more unique should be the goal here.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Better yet, if @milocoman could possibly come up with ordering a fully Horween Pro207 with a RV web........I'd shelve / scrap this whole Japanese glove idea and never look back! I'm very sure it'd sell well Chad!

NYC

Swag on 100.
Better yet, if @milocoman could possibly come up with ordering a fully Horween Pro207 with a RV web........I'd shelve / scrap this whole Japanese glove idea and never look back! I'm very sure it'd sell well Chad!
Let's go one step further and have him get the RV23 made in full Horween, but I think DM has exclusivity on that model.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Which one did you have?

JT version, I could have worn it TIP and made it work but was never sure if I was going to keep it or not. I didn’t want to mess it up and eventually sold it to a member here.

I really wanted to like that glove, so cool looking! But no doubt a Pro207 would work much better for me.

NYC

Swag on 100.
JT version, I could have worn it TIP and made it work but was never sure if I was going to keep it or not. I didn’t want to mess it up and eventually sold it to a member here.

I really wanted to like that glove, so cool looking! But no doubt a Pro207 would work much better for me.
The JT version was huge on my hand, I got rid of it because of that. The Horween version of the RV is tighter on my hand than the KB17HT, go figure.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
The Xanax "X" mod trap is cool looking. I've always liked the Tamazawa stampings that are in Japanese or whatever. I would probs get one of those. Atoms, UA, and Nike are all made in the same factory I believe. Hakateyama are also very nice and have cool stampings.
Yahoojp auctions has a ton of sweet used pieces for pretty good prices. Maybe once he gets settled you can place an order or 6 for me? :D

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
The Xanax "X" mod trap is cool looking. I've always liked the Tamazawa stampings that are in Japanese or whatever. I would probs get one of those. Atoms, UA, and Nike are all made in the same factory I believe. Hakateyama are also very nice and have cool stampings.
Yahoojp auctions has a ton of sweet used pieces for pretty good prices. Maybe once he gets settled you can place an order or 6 for me? :D

They’re coming to the house for lunch in less than 2 hours, I’ll find out the exact town they’re moving to, I know it’s just outside of Tokyo.

We’ve seen the Slugger store that Rous linked here, I’m sure there’s got to be plenty of other walk in stores in or just outside of Tokyo for other brands to look at?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
They just left, they’re moving to Niiza, which is a 41 minute drive, or 29.8 km from Tokyo. Now we just need to find a walk in glove store around Niiza ;).

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Revisiting this thread.........again!

I had to have Anna at the airport this morning at 4:00am for another mission trip to Honduras, and the couple I was talking about who celebrated their wedding anniversary in Japan, well they're moving to Japan for at least two years next month to work at and to help a start up church. Both of them turned in their notices at work this week, all their finances are almost arranged, stepping out on faith big time!

So I guess you probably know where I'm going with this? ;) Me and my wife are having them over this coming Sunday for lunch and I'm sure jokingly the guy will bring up the "so do you want me to send you a glove this time or not comment?!" Well yeah!

So let's talk about brands......I know I mainly talked Kubota Slugger when I started this thread, which I'm still open to, but I want to get some opinions about other brands like Zett, IPselect, Asics, Atoms, UA, SSK, Xanax, Tamazawa, and of course a true Japanese Mizuno Pro Limited.

If you were in the market, which Japanese glove would you look at first? Or if anyone here has several different gloves from any of these makers, which do you like the most and would buy again?
I'm looking at ordering an Asics personally. I really like the sleek cut to their gloves and I think one would make a great infield glove. I like Kubota Sluggers as well, but their whole design philosophy lends itself to small gloves, which wouldn't be great if you intended to use them for softball.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
C709B65B-F2B6-49B1-B838-F2EE48275DC0.jpeg Here’s a pic of a baseball store that the wife took while they were in Kyoto, she took it for me. We were sitting at our dining room table having lunch and she just all of a sudden grabbed her phone.......she said look Johnny, I took this just for you but forgot to send it to you!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I'm looking at ordering an Asics personally. I really like the sleek cut to their gloves and I think one would make a great infield glove. I like Kubota Sluggers as well, but their whole design philosophy lends itself to small gloves, which wouldn't be great if you intended to use them for softball.

Here ya go!
https://sportsact.co.jp/archives/product/881

Not sure what crunchy leather is, must be a word all the cool Japanese kids are using?

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
wife shouldn't take a picture. wife should face time you and walk into the store. then pick out what you want

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
wife shouldn't take a picture. wife should face time you and walk into the store. then pick out what you want
EXACTLY.........man you have no idea just how close I came to saying that to her! This lady is sooooo sweet, I just smiled and said thank you!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
hahaha! she knows what's going on just like mine would. knows it would be a lot of time and money if they step foot in there lol