Hypes

basilray

I've got a 24oz EL Hype that came in from another SBF board bro. He said about 100 cuts.

We put about another 100 on it in BP over the weekend. Barrel is REALLY stiff still.

I like the new handle. Despite typically swinging an 28oz Torch in USA, I didn't feel like it was too radical of a difference to my swing timing.

Not sure if I want to keep it or move it along yet. I'm really not playing any USA right now, so I don't need it and won't put many cuts on to get it opened up.

ShortYellowBus

I’ve said it before and the bathound guy also came to the same conclusion. The hype sucks.

It’s a light bat for guys to flail around in an effort to make contact at the plate.

Overwhelming response on Facebook with the guys I’ve talked to is about the hype being an abject disappointing bat from a brand that typically gets the formula right for this demographic.

basilray

I’ve said it before and the bathound guy also came to the same conclusion. The hype sucks.

It’s a light bat for guys to flail around in an effort to make contact at the plate.

Overwhelming response on Facebook with the guys I’ve talked to is about the hype being an abject disappointing bat from a brand that typically gets the formula right for this demographic.

What of their stuff that isn't just Torch repaints do you think is better? I've really never hit anything other than a Torch. Figured given the condition of my Hype, if I didn't love it, it was a tradeable bat.

ShortYellowBus

2015 DNA LC if you can get one. I’ve had a couple of the 1 piece bats, the Bombardier and a Sinister. Never tried the Boogieman, but people really liked them.

I just don’t like the drop off in performance hitting lighter bats. Around 300-320 is the max performance you can get out of those bats. I need the 30oz bats.

Some would argue that you don’t need more than 300ft, but a lot of the fields I play on are open outfields. There’s a lot of room to play in.

basilray

2015 DNA LC if you can get one. I’ve had a couple of the 1 piece bats, the Bombardier and a Sinister. Never tried the Boogieman, but people really liked them.

I just don’t like the drop off in performance hitting lighter bats. Around 300-320 is the max performance you can get out of those bats. I need the 30oz bats.

Some would argue that you don’t need more than 300ft, but a lot of the fields I play on are open outfields. There’s a lot of room to play in.

Fair assessment.

I don't think I could handle 30oz post-COVID gym shutdown, but I hit my '16 28oz Torch after the Hype in BP last weekend, and it was definitely a better bat, at current state, for me.

The Torch is the only bat I've ever hit an HR with in outdoor play, USA or UTrip.

ShortYellowBus

The heavier Torch repaints are pretty good. I buy them and sell them for less every time.

I have had a few torches that blew up with just a few swings. I mainly get a feel for them, but I think the construction of the fib and outer barrel make them unplayable for guys who smash.

The DNA’s hold up pretty well, but eventually they snap right in the middle of the barrel where the fib is.

Protectyaneck

My sister has a torch lite. She's swung a mercy for years, and says the lite after about 100 cuts feels just as good as any mercy she's owned. That tells me the bat's probable fine.

As much as Carl wants the world to believe its the tech that's making it perform, its more likely just the fact that an average player's swing/form/technique will be better with a lighter stick. Gimme a wiffle ball bat and ill swing like Manny Ramirez.

I guess kudos for making a 22oz bat that doesn't shatter after 100 cuts?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I have seen it first hand, lesser talented guys with slower swing speeds seem to get more out of his design than people with higher swing speed. Hype dont work for anyone.

Last edited:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
But how much Pop do you lose going so light. Remember power is really how much bat speed you retain After contact.

Last edited:

Protectyaneck

But how much Pop do you lose going so light. Remember power is really how much bat speed you retain After contact.

I have nothing to say to the people out there looking to become a power hitter by buying a 22oz bat. They are already lost. Its been said on dozens of threads here before...Spending 250 bucks wont change what you are at the plate.

But, there will definitely be a good handful of people who will maximize whatever little power they do have with better/proper mechanics. Good for them! I can imagine the joy of a guy/girl scraping the top of a 300 ft fence once or twice a season.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i swung a 200 hit hype for a few rounds of bp. 24oz. came nowwhere close to my usa torch. now my torch has more hits on it, but my torch was hot as hell the first swing. its definitely light but i don't swing it until late in the day or if i'm not feeling my OG 26oz torch.

tonys1

I can fling those 22oz hypes into a garbage can or a fire that’s further away than I normally would with a Demarini or Miken since they’re lighter.

ShortYellowBus

I can fling those 22oz hypes into a garbage can or a fire that’s further away than I normally would with a Demarini or Miken since they’re lighter.
I used to think 26oz bats were penis sleeves. Adding length to inadequate Shy men to make them feel destructive and experienced. Lighter bats do the same, but try to be more clever.

These 26oz people have influenced bat manufacturing to cater to non-determined deteriorating chaps to veer of course and settle for non-rebuild establishments that mature people and accept disinterested performance results. All this irresponsible r&d create winning expectations.

I realize I don’t matter. But through hard work and harder swing problem solving, I have realized that 30oz bats work best for me.

Perhaps, the solution isn’t lighter bats.

tonys1

I used to think 26oz bats were penis sleeves. Adding length to inadequate Shy men to make them feel destructive and experienced. Lighter bats do the same, but try to be more clever.

These 26oz people have influenced bat manufacturing to cater to non-determined deteriorating chaps to veer of course and settle for non-rebuild establishments that mature people and accept disinterested performance results. All this irresponsible r&d create winning expectations.

I realize I don’t matter. But through hard work and harder swing problem solving, I have realized that 30oz bats work best for me.

Perhaps, the solution isn’t lighter bats.

I think it was a stroke of genius and he capitalized on a market filled with not so bright guys.

“Hey see all those guys in their big pick-ups?? They must be compensating for something. Wanna bet I can sell them 22oz bats??”

After creating an army of sheep who believe a FIB actually does something useful. Yeah bro, a piece of pool noodle glued to the inside of your bat that’s attached to a harder piece of plastic that makes a sound as it makes contact with the barrel is making you hit bombs. “OMG BOSSMAN WE ARE CLACK ADDICTS!!!!!11”

He sold us a fib and took the trolling to another level by selling people hype.

I heard his 2022 tech will be called URA DUMBA SS