I hate to ask, but...

Poo-tee-weet

Addicted to Softballfans
I've only been on this forum for a little bit and I've seen a million of these threads, so here is a million and one :).

I'm torn between a few different bats to buy and am curious about some other facts. Here's the situation on what I'm looking at.

Miken Recoil USSSA - 180$ (I know this site is cheaper, but I'm Canadian)
Easton Synergy2 - 150$
Mizuno Craze USSSA - 150$
2011 The One - 300$

The league I play in is NSA bat rules, even though I do see the odd person swinging senior bats and the ump doesn't say anything:mad:. Here's a bat list if you're curious to see if there are any other hotter bats allowed in. http://www.nsacanada.ca/bats/approved-print.htm

I'm heavily leaning towards the Recoil for this. I know the 2010 The One had good reviews also, but the jury seems to still be out of the 2011, and the general consensus on the Recoil seems that it it's a better bat than the 2010 anyways. I am curious about how the Recoil would stack up against my currently owned Juggernaut, I believe the OG Jugg is only a utrip/nsa bat now (Banned from ASA?), which leads me to believe it's in the same caliber as the recoil and maybe I should just be happy with what I got!

Anyways, all comments are welcome, especially if you have swung the listed bats and have an opinion to give, I'm most interested on how the utrip only bats would compare to my juggernaut (Also let it be known that I've never really liked my juggernaut...prefer a longer barrel and stiff handle). Really just looking for justification to buy another bat:D.

Thanks

Brew Balance

Flaps Be Flappin
Worth BJ Fulk Mayhem / thread.... price is hard to beat.... around $180... might not be as durable, but damn these things are hot!

gamblers99

Star Player
I have sold my Synergy 2 and regretted it everyday since. I think that is the best bat i have ever used. That is "my opinion" only.

Poo-tee-weet

Addicted to Softballfans
Ah forgot about that. I can get one of those online for about 220$, which isn't bad. Does it had the same 1 year warrenty...something in the back of my head is telling me it is a NR.

laverdt

Addicted to Softballfans
I would go with the Syn2 or the 2011 Demarini. They are completely different bats but which ever one fits your swing style the best is the one you should pick. All of them are pretty good bats though

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I've only been on this forum for a little bit and I've seen a million of these threads, so here is a million and one :).

I'm torn between a few different bats to buy and am curious about some other facts. Here's the situation on what I'm looking at.

Miken Recoil USSSA - 180$ (I know this site is cheaper, but I'm Canadian)
Easton Synergy2 - 150$
Mizuno Craze USSSA - 150$
2011 The One - 300$

The league I play in is NSA bat rules, even though I do see the odd person swinging senior bats and the ump doesn't say anything:mad:. Here's a bat list if you're curious to see if there are any other hotter bats allowed in. http://www.nsacanada.ca/bats/approved-print.htm

I'm heavily leaning towards the Recoil for this. I know the 2010 The One had good reviews also, but the jury seems to still be out of the 2011, and the general consensus on the Recoil seems that it it's a better bat than the 2010 anyways. I am curious about how the Recoil would stack up against my currently owned Juggernaut, I believe the OG Jugg is only a utrip/nsa bat now (Banned from ASA?), which leads me to believe it's in the same caliber as the recoil and maybe I should just be happy with what I got!

Anyways, all comments are welcome, especially if you have swung the listed bats and have an opinion to give, I'm most interested on how the utrip only bats would compare to my juggernaut (Also let it be known that I've never really liked my juggernaut...prefer a longer barrel and stiff handle). Really just looking for justification to buy another bat:D.

Thanks

The Juggernaut is still approved for ASA; the Juggernaut OTC is not (and never was).

I don't normally do this if someone has already narrowed down their search, but you're in a different situation playing NSA Canada. If you're looking to get another bat and don't mind spending a little coin (you seem to be OK with that, as you're looking at spending $300 on The One), I strongly recommend you to consider the Jak'd Nemesys (not to be confused with the POS Miken Nemesis).

Another factor to consider is temperature- if you're often playing in temperatures below 50 degrees, you may want to limit your choices to Miken/Easton.

As far as the bats you've listed:

Recoil- pretty good bat once it breaks in, but it takes a while.
Syn2- excellent when it really breaks in, but it takes forever. It's a ****ing tank.
Craze/One- haven't swung either yet, so I won't comment on them.

GA_BOY_N_AZ

Gorilla Pimp since 1987
The Juggernaut is still approved for ASA; the Juggernaut OTC is not (and never was).

I don't normally do this if someone has already narrowed down their search, but you're in a different situation playing NSA Canada. If you're looking to get another bat and don't mind spending a little coin (you seem to be OK with that, as you're looking at spending $300 on The One), I strongly recommend you to consider the Jak'd Nemesys (not to be confused with the POS Miken Nemesis).

Another factor to consider is temperature- if you're often playing in temperatures below 50 degrees, you may want to limit your choices to Miken/Easton.

As far as the bats you've listed:

Recoil- pretty good bat once it breaks in, but it takes a while.
Syn2- excellent when it really breaks in, but it takes forever. It's a ****ing tank.
Craze/One- haven't swung either yet, so I won't comment on them.

listen to this guy if u need something durable for the cold months. A Syn2 or Orange Recoil with give what u want.