If you play ASA and you don't have a J3A

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's my review. Just got J3a on Monday. Have about 275 hits with it. It's game ready. 28 0z swings heavy to me, hate the knob, and hate the thick handle, and generally hate 2 piece bats. But it hits well. It's growing on me.

With 44/375 --- Freak98 then J3a then Monsta then L6
With 52/300--- Monsta by huge margin then J3a then L6 then Freak98.

STROKINSEEDS33

Addicted to Softballfans
I played 3 games this week and went 9-10 with 5. HRs, 3 doubles and 3 walks. All with my j3a.... How'd u do this week with your favorite bat?

WHAT ARE YOU WALKING FOR?!?!?!?!?!?! WITH YOUR POWER YOU DON'T TAKE WALKS YOU JUST HIT PISS MISSLES AND YELL BOOWHAP.....:mad:

Playr4

Coach
I got a 28 ounce. Weighed 27.8 with the original grip on the scale. My bat had a good balanced feel. Handle didn't feel thick. Maybe I got a rare one, IDK.

sjury

The Old Man
I played 3 games this week and went 9-10 with 5. HRs, 3 doubles and 3 walks. All with my j3a.... How'd u do this week with your favorite bat?

You got three walks with a J3A? How is that any different then getting three walks with a Demarini Ultimate Weapon? Three Doubles? You normally don't count over throws at first as doubles, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Besides if you had any speed you could have had triples.

Besides bombs and piss missiles, what should I hit on Monday? Mutant? or Flipper? I'll let you pick.

jbrown3

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung a teammates and we were hitting 44/375 balls so that helped with distance. My gamer is a well broken in SCX3, and i love it, obviously. The J3A i swung had major pop, which i expected with it being a "no break in high performance" bat. I had to adjust my swing a little bit because it does have a little bit of a whip but I wouldn't put it ahead of my SCX3. However with the new balls, I'd use my Z2000......lol

single wally

Professional Amateur
I finally had a chance to swing the J3A today, put 75 swings on it with Hycons and a few classic Ms. It was hot as hell out, around 90 with the sun beating down, so the conditions were not ideal. My initial impression is it's one of the best bats out of the wrapper I've hit with. Is it excalibur out of the wrapper like people are making it out to be? NO, it's not. The hype on here makes it sound like this bat automatically adds 30' to your swing and that is not the case. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bat, but lol at some of the exaggeration on this board. I'm sure it will get better after I get more swings on it when it's a bit cooler, and will update then.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Update: J3A now has 200 swings on it, 100 Hycons and 100 with Evils, 375 comp ASAs and a few Classic Ms. It's definitely changed gears - hits the Hycons really well and destroys 375s and Evil BPs (the old 48/400s), I'm now starting to believe the hype, mine's just taking a few extra swings to get there. Mostly just ball marks on it but on the gold Demarini logo I can see some faint traditional webbing starting to form. No paint cracks yet thankfully - hope I lucked out with a durable one.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Update: J3A now has 200 swings on it, 100 Hycons and 100 with Evils, 375 comp ASAs and a few Classic Ms. It's definitely changed gears - hits the Hycons really well and destroys 375s and Evil BPs (the old 48/400s), I'm now starting to believe the hype, mine's just taking a few extra swings to get there. Mostly just ball marks on it but on the gold Demarini logo I can see some faint traditional webbing starting to form. No paint cracks yet thankfully - hope I lucked out with a durable one.

Hit the J3A in league yesterday. It has 75 cuts with Evil BPs on it and we use 44/375 in league still. Flew out to center my first AB then 3 line drives in the gaps that turned into doubles. Got pointed to first with the tying run on 2nd and 1 out in the bottom of the 7th.:( next 2 guys flew out to end it.:eek:

By the way, the 30 oz Z2000 Utrip was so hot out of the wrapper with HyCons I was afraid to hit any other balls with it.:eek:

single wally

Professional Amateur
^^^^nice on the Z, Rye told me you were dropping big time bombs with it last Sunday! I'll be out there this Sunday for BP to watch your Z show, part deux. As for the J3A it's a bummer you are in a no HR league bc that is what this bat was designed for!

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a J3 which I loved until my 26oz ComBat Wanted ASA got around 500 hits on it. It rattles like crazy and passed the comp test and I'm almost positive the inner disk isn't working and its not only longer than my J3 now - its the best distance bat that I own - for me anyway. For USSSA , my new Demarini CL22 is absolutely crushing the ball and nothing is coming close to it.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I played tourney ball this past weekend and swung the ASA Derby Boys while waiting for a new Wanted in the mail. 5 for 6 with three homers and 2 off the fence. I still greatly prefer 2 piece bats.

bb7793

softball *****
Ive swung the j3 a handful of times and it just doesnt fit my swing. I can easily outhit with my og AV

ATL Rookie

Manager
I played tourney ball this past weekend and swung the ASA Derby Boys while waiting for a new Wanted in the mail. 5 for 6 with three homers and 2 off the fence. I still greatly prefer 2 piece bats.

Odd as it sounds, I think the DBA swings more like a 2 piece than the Wanted.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
playing in unlimited hr touney.

Any bat but seniors and J3A is most used bat.

HOPP31

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll agree that the J3A is a legit bat. I'm down here at the All AF training camp and we have an assortment of bats and hit the 53/300's for BP every day. Performance wise the Aftermath seems to be outhitting the J3A and is outlasting the J3A on the compression testing. My z3000 is hitting with the Flipper as well, so keep an eye out for these when they are released. The z2000 seems to be a little behind the Demarini's though as do all the Easton's. The Jeff Hall Legit is hitting the ball good as well. Just my .02

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I got a j3a, Then i punched myself for getting the 28, instead of the 27. This 28 needs alot of bp !!!!!