ASA Illegal pitch

Not sure why i assume on this. this fastpitch

under usa softball(asa) Pitcher starts here windup and stops. which is illegal pitch but its delay call? cause other leauges its dead ball so that may be where i screw up. there were runners on base.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure why i assume on this. this fastpitch

under usa softball(asa) Pitcher starts here windup and stops. which is illegal pitch but its delay call? cause other leauges its dead ball so that may be where i screw up. there were runners on base.
What rule set is an IP immediately dead?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
There has been a continual debate over how to handle these infractions. Some will call the illegal pitch and let the pitcher continue, some will kill it and enforce the penalty. For me, it comes down to one thing - did the pitcher start the pitch, and then abandon it?

Keep in mind that each pitcher has her own unique motions when pitching. It’s going to be next to impossible for me to cover everything in a single post, so I’ll try to speak generally here. Sometimes, these calls are just a “had to be there” kind of a thing.

Back to my previous statement - it boils down to whether the pitcher started to pitch and then abandoned it. If, in my judgment, the pitcher has abandoned the pitch, then I’m calling the illegal pitch, killing the play, and enforcing the penalty. If she didn’t abandon the pitch, then I’m going to call it and let it play out.

There has been a continual debate over how to handle these infractions. Some will call the illegal pitch and let the pitcher continue, some will kill it and enforce the penalty. For me, it comes down to one thing - did the pitcher start the pitch, and then abandon it?

Keep in mind that each pitcher has her own unique motions when pitching. It’s going to be next to impossible for me to cover everything in a single post, so I’ll try to speak generally here. Sometimes, these calls are just a “had to be there” kind of a thing.

Back to my previous statement - it boils down to whether the pitcher started to pitch and then abandoned it. If, in my judgment, the pitcher has abandoned the pitch, then I’m calling the illegal pitch, killing the play, and enforcing the penalty. If she didn’t abandon the pitch, then I’m going to call it and let it play out.

Speaking of that NCASAUmp yes she did Yes i agree some of these you just need to be there to be able to see. I still think it was funny that, she defend my call :D

What rule set is an IP immediately dead?
Never claim any of it was. i am going to ask our own uic on this one. to see what we should be calling here at least.

BretMan

Addicted to Softballfans
If the pitcher starts her motion, then stops, it is of course an illegal pitch.

Since an IP is a delayed dead ball, the ball becomes dead at the end of the play. If the pitcher doesn't deliver the pitch, then the play is over and you can kill the ball. So, technically, you're not immediately making the ball dead, but you are making it dead a second or two after the pitch is aborted (which might make it seem like it was immediate).

If the pitcher does deliver the pitch, leave it live since it can still be batted into play and runners can still advance.

If the pitcher starts her motion, then stops, it is of course an illegal pitch.

Since an IP is a delayed dead ball, the ball becomes dead at the end of the play. If the pitcher doesn't deliver the pitch, then the play is over and you can kill the ball. So, technically, you're not immediately making the ball dead, but you are making it dead a second or two after the pitch is aborted (which might make it seem like it was immediate).

If the pitcher does deliver the pitch, leave it live since it can still be batted into play and runners can still advance.
Thanks Bretman that makes more sense.

"cause other leauges its dead ball "

?

I have to double check could been my horrible written but babe ruth softball... or as Brentman spoke it seem like it wasn't delayed call but it was