I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Anybody have any information on the monsta bat company. I was considering buying a bat from them, but now I'm a little nervous. Couple guys locally have had issues with orders. One guy emailed them about if bat was shipped and if they had a tracking number. He got a nastygram in return. The site was down today. Nobody is answering the phone, or returning messages. I even tried a message via Facebook?

So the question is: Are these flukes, or is this how Carl does business?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
100% of the people here will tell you to move on to another company. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt but I finally gave into the reality.

skew12

They posted on Facebook that they're closed today, other than listing some blem bats for sale, which caused the site to crash due to traffic.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
100% of the people here will tell you to move on to another company. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt but I finally gave into the reality.

^^^This^^^^

Seriously, if you're like me and don't care about warranties and have never had to call customer service, then Monsta's the bat for you.

I'm still thinking of grabbing one off the secondary market. If it breaks, I don't consider it any different than purchasing a NIW NR major brand for about the same price.

Wouldn't pay the old Flex-type pricing for ANY bat, that's just 'tarded.

How hard is it to post on the website that it's closed for Easter if that's the reason? I call BS.

Red Stripe

Star Player
I've bought 12 bats from them and no issues. All were pre orders except 1 and of course were delayed by things but the in stock bats got to me quickly. I've never had an issue with them but all it takes is once. Great bats though.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've bought 12 bats from them and no issues. All were pre orders except 1 and of course were delayed by things but the in stock bats got to me quickly. I've never had an issue with them but all it takes is once. Great bats though.

So one out of twelve got to you quickly? Thanks.

TRaj2327

I heard they are renaming the Napoleon Complex the "Carl Complex."

If you swing Monsta there is a good chance you:

- have a mullet down to your ass
- don't play higher than church rec because of your skill level
- play softball in jeans
- like balls on your chin
- drive an IROC Camaro with flowmasters and fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror

Seriously, swing one if you want to support a douchenozzle that has zero business sense and no understanding of what customer service even means. There are at least a half dozen other brands out there that perform just as good, if not better.

TRaj2327

So one out of twelve got to you quickly? Thanks.

Don't dare asking when the bats are coming in or your pre-order will get cancelled and refunded and you'll get banned from his Malicious page...or whatever the place those morons congregate and discuss pokemon and dungeons and dragons.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I heard they are renaming the Napoleon Complex the "Carl Complex."

If you swing Monsta there is a good chance you:

- have a mullet down to your ass
- don't play higher than church rec because of your skill level
- play softball in jeans
- like balls on your chin
- drive an IROC Camaro with flowmasters and fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror

Seriously, swing one if you want to support a douchenozzle that has zero business sense and no understanding of what customer service even means. There are at least a half dozen other brands out there that perform just as good, if not better.

Remind me to buy you a beer if we cross paths. I wish this would fit in my signature.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Yeah a buddy asked about his order. He posted the whole email exchange on Facebook as proof. The guy went total azzclown. Canceled his order, and he spent a week asking for his money back. Was a rather bizarre exchange. I also find it very strange he is out of almost every bat he carries.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I was thinking if he can't perform simple business tasked like have bats in stock, inform customers In a timely manner of delays and tracking numbers.. Man I wouldn't want to deal with paying $130 on a warranty and try getting it exchanged. I can only imagine how painful that would be.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
Anybody have any information on the monsta bat company. I was considering buying a bat from them, but now I'm a little nervous. Couple guys locally have had issues with orders. One guy emailed them about if bat was shipped and if they had a tracking number. He got a nastygram in return. The site was down today. Nobody is answering the phone, or returning messages. I even tried a message via Facebook?

So the question is: Are these flukes, or is this how Carl does business?

Today is Good Friday, might have taken day off?

^^^ They are closed today. I won't go out of my way to defend them as Carl does run his business in a way that rubs people the wrong way. But, alot of what you're hearing here and some of the other sites is either not true or things that are being exaggerated so you should take that stuff with a grain of salt. The big stink lately is that Carl kicked all other vendors off of his facebook page and banned anyone questioning his decision. In turn, they followed suit and disallowed Monsta sales on their facebook sites. Do I agree with his decision or the way he handled the aftermath? No. But it's not my company so I'm not going to throw a fit and stomp my feet about it. Bottom line is some people are more patient than others. Impatient people should probably steer clear of Monsta. Carl's estimated dates are what gets him into the most trouble in my opinion. People hear "we should be able to get the bats out by xx/xx/xx" on his facebook page and really get pissed when that doesn't happen. If you're that guy, I wouldn't even consider getting one. If you do decide to order one, take the estimated ship dates as a general idea. For a more realistic date, add 30-45 days to whatever is shown on the website. The LC bats themselves are as good or even slightly better than any the top tier ASA bats right now.

2hitmen

Coach
ive purchased 2 monsta bats in the past. No problems with any correspondence with CS, or the team. Received both bats quickly. I recently decided to unfollow certain FB pages due to the nonsense being spewed on BOTH sides. I don't always agree with whats being said, but as long as MY purchase goes thru ok, I don't really care.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
^^^ They are closed today. I won't go out of my way to defend them as Carl does run his business in a way that rubs people the wrong way. But, alot of what you're hearing here and some of the other sites is either not true or things that are being exaggerated so you should take that stuff with a grain of salt. The big stink lately is that Carl kicked all other vendors off of his facebook page and banned anyone questioning his decision. In turn, they followed suit and disallowed Monsta sales on their facebook sites. Do I agree with his decision or the way he handled the aftermath? No. But it's not my company so I'm not going to throw a fit and stomp my feet about it. Bottom line is some people are more patient than others. Impatient people should probably steer clear of Monsta. Carl's estimated dates are what gets him into the most trouble in my opinion. People hear "we should be able to get the bats out by xx/xx/xx" on his facebook page and really get pissed when that doesn't happen. If you're that guy, I wouldn't even consider getting one. If you do decide to order one, take the estimated ship dates as a general idea. For a more realistic date, add 30-45 days to whatever is shown on the website. The LC bats themselves are as good or even slightly better than any the top tier ASA bats right now.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you came here to promote Monsta.... BTW, exactly how long from the preorder date until people got the Bombardier in their hands? I know my buddy ordered one and when I asked on the Mostard Militia page why they weren't shipping yet and how come my buddy was guaranteed that they had already passed the certification and over 3 months later they were saying it wasn't even certified yet I got booted from the page for asking.... Carl is a douche and the bats are over rated...

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
I knew it was only a matter of time before you came here to promote Monsta.... BTW, exactly how long from the preorder date until people got the Bombardier in their hands? I know my buddy ordered one and when I asked on the Mostard Militia page why they weren't shipping yet and how come my buddy was guaranteed that they had already passed the certification and over 3 months later they were saying it wasn't even certified yet I got booted from the page for asking.... Carl is a douche and the bats are over rated...

LOL, I like how you attack me on this... Pretty sure I'm not promoting anyone or any entity. I actually agreed with the fact that Carl can be a douche. I'm stating my opinion on the whole Monsta situation much like others have. I have no dog in the fight here so I don't really care who buys a bat from him and who doesn't. I am still a member of that page largely because I didn't demand the status of my order or complain that their dates on the bombardier constantly got pushed back.

Oh and BTW... I could probably actually help you find out the info your buddy wants but not really sure why I'd want to help someone who himself is acting like a douche.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
To be clear. Having a bat order late is a issue that's resolvable with communication, and/or compensation. It's when you dive into unprofessional by cancelling orders because of simple request such as
1. Has bat shipped
2. Can I have tracking a number.

I would think that's customer service 101.