I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's pretty much the definition of a durability decrease, and I think you're spot on about Worth/Miken. The only Demar I've heard of being like that is a non-linear and the people testing did it wrong. Do they have that same issue with their bats under proper testing?

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
So are the warranties transferable or not. I see some conflicting posts. If you buy the bat used within the 30 days.. Can original purchaser buy the warranty and have it transferred. At $130 I'm not sure it should matter who the original owner is?

I'd also like to know a little more information about what this lifetime warranty includes? Pros and cons.

Do they have a few bats set aside to cover warranties? Or do you go on bottom of the list when next preorder comes in? Basically I'm asking are you looking at a few month turnover on bat replacement.

JoeBraga

Manager
This is a weird thread. Lot's of people complaining because they don't like Carl's customer service. If you don't like it, why don't you just avoid doing business with him?

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
So are the warranties transferable or not. I see some conflicting posts. If you buy the bat used within the 30 days.. Can original purchaser buy the warranty and have it transferred. At $130 I'm not sure it should matter who the original owner is?

I'd also like to know a little more information about what this lifetime warranty includes? Pros and cons.

Do they have a few bats set aside to cover warranties? Or do you go on bottom of the list when next preorder comes in? Basically I'm asking are you looking at a few month turnover on bat replacement.

Transferable, yes as long as the original buyer purchases the warranty within 30 days of it shipping from their shop and then transfers said warranty into your name.

Pros/cons - bat breaks at any point and Monsta is still in business, you get the new current model (Torch for a DNA, ect.). I personally don't see him pulling the plug on his business any time soon but who knows.

You will be waiting a couple of months for a return unless he changes the way he's been doing things lately. Not much "in stock" anymore. That might get better as the demand goes down later in the year.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
If you buy the bat used you can not buy a warranty, only have it transfered if the origional owner bought one. If you buy it from them in the first 30 days you should be able to have them add the warranty. It is supposed to be no questions asked and you either get the same model as a return or the one that replaced it if it's no longer in production. They did have DNAs put back for returns but I'm pretty sure that was the last group he sold.

RustyShakleford

"This is a weird thread. Lot's of people complaining because they don't like Carl's customer service. If you don't like it, why don't you just avoid doing business with him?"

It appears to be here to let other people know about the issues so they can make up their own minds. Both positive and negative reviews are needed in this world. If you know something or have had an experience either way it's a good idea to let people know so they don't run into something unexpected.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I have a used DNA with a warranty that I probably wont even be able to use. Local leagues decided to go with .44/375s instead of the .52/300 we used last year. Sucks buying a bat specifically to use with .52s, and the idiots here switch the balls we hit.

Guess if I decide to sell the bat I will find out how hard/easy it is to transfer the warranty to someone else.

Get ready for a full inbox:rolleyes:

MAB

The Rookie
That's pretty much the definition of a durability decrease, and I think you're spot on about Worth/Miken. The only Demar I've heard of being like that is a non-linear and the people testing did it wrong. Do they have that same issue with their bats under proper testing?

So by your definition, durability is nothing to do with how long the bat stays in one piece? It's all about whether it passed a compression tester?

Reason I ask is because a DNA and Bombardier have the same expected life span. That 800-1100 that's being thrown around was Carl's estimate as to how long it will pass a compression tester. If compression testers didn't exist, then nobody would ever know the difference in lifespan. The bats both tested at the same 97.7 mark according to ASA, so one isn't better than the other. ASA just ****ed with. Carl by giving him a faulty nonlinear rating. Previously, if compression testing mattered to a buyer, Monsta was the bat for them. They'd never fail. Now, Monsta's will fail according to ASA and there's no clear benefit to buying one....just how Miken/Easton/Worth wanted it to be.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Same monsta bull****, everybody is out to get them. Guess the Utrip thing is a conspiracy too huh?

My opinion he changed the bats to end up failing compression so he can sell more once they do. Just like he upped the warranty price knowing he'll have more people with warranty claims once they start failing

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So by your definition, durability is nothing to do with how long the bat stays in one piece? It's all about whether it passed a compression tester?

Reason I ask is because a DNA and Bombardier have the same expected life span. That 800-1100 that's being thrown around was Carl's estimate as to how long it will pass a compression tester. If compression testers didn't exist, then nobody would ever know the difference in lifespan. The bats both tested at the same 97.7 mark according to ASA, so one isn't better than the other. ASA just ****ed with. Carl by giving him a faulty nonlinear rating. Previously, if compression testing mattered to a buyer, Monsta was the bat for them. They'd never fail. Now, Monsta's will fail according to ASA and there's no clear benefit to buying one....just how Miken/Easton/Worth wanted it to be.

Who told you the 97.7 crap? Seriously, I want a name or their position at ASA. Anyone that's been playing since 2004 understands that with the +/- 2 mph debacle that that's about as believable as pigs flying.

Yes, that's the definition of durability. By your definition, a cracked bat is still good because it still has use as a paperweight, bp bat, and a rolling pin for tiny biscuits. If a bat fails compression it's not legal most of the places I play tournaments. Even if I played 50/50 testing and non-testing, I'm not buying a different bat just for non-testing venues. Others might, that's their right.

JoeBraga

Manager
"This is a weird thread. Lot's of people complaining because they don't like Carl's customer service. If you don't like it, why don't you just avoid doing business with him?"

It appears to be here to let other people know about the issues so they can make up their own minds. Both positive and negative reviews are needed in this world. If you know something or have had an experience either way it's a good idea to let people know so they don't run into something unexpected.

This thread has moved faaaar past reviews and has turned into mostly bickering.

TRaj2327

If you saw this many bad reviews of a restaurant with just mediocre food on Yelp I bet you wouldn't go there...however, if there's 7 other restaurants with raving reviews and awesome prime rib and hot waitresses, I'd also bet you'd go to one of the other 7 every night of the week. The restaurant with bad reviews would probably be the place you'd go to at 3:00 AM on a Saturday night when you're starving for something that will keep the alcohol down.

JoeBraga

Manager
If you saw this many bad reviews of a restaurant with just mediocre food on Yelp I bet you wouldn't go there...however, if there's 7 other restaurants with raving reviews and awesome prime rib and hot waitresses, I'd also bet you'd go to one of the other 7 every night of the week. The restaurant with bad reviews would probably be the place you'd go to at 3:00 AM on a Saturday night when you're starving for something that will keep the alcohol down.

That's a pretty bad comp. it sounds like the restaurant has great food but the owner is a d bag; super nazi esque.

Now the Militia, thats a whole other story. Some of them are, well, we'll say passionate. They will jump on people for something they have no business even committing on.

Passionate about DMac for sure....:bigok:

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Why don't Monsta just up the price by $50 and sell every bat with a one year warranty? How many people are swinging the same bat .. Two .. Three years later? My bet is the average guy don't give 2 ****s about a lifetime warranty, and is not willing to pull an extra $130 out of his pocket to buy a warranty on a $209 bat before tax. Especially if you are thinking your product is durable? Or am I completely missing the angle. Best case is you buy warranty and break the bat in year 3 and get the newest and greatest monsta bat?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
They close for Corky's, McQuades, Fireman's, and ASA World's. So being closed for nearly 24 business days bothers you?
They close a hell of a lot more than that. When they were almost 2 months behind the shipping date of the DNA Carl had just that they just got a HUGE shipment in from Zimbabwe or whatever 3rd world country his **** is made in and they were working hard to assemble all the bats and get them out to people. Then 2 days later he shows BP footage he had just take in the middle of the day with him and Dacko and 2 other Monstard employees had just taken. Tell me how much this guy cares about his customers when he is 2 plus months behind on the very first shipment of the DNA and he's posting BP session that just took place of the "NEW PROTOTYPE" bat. The Militia page went nuts with that when people were screaming and yelling they wanted their Bats which were already over 2 months late and here him and the whole garage team was taking BP instead of getting the bats into customers hands.

Carl has said it in the militia multiple times. A person who is commenting a lot on this thread has a fake account in the militia and could maybe use the search tool and show you the results.

Who are you talking about?

From everything I've heard Carl demanded that all stores he supplied bats to would pay him the full retail price of the bat. He offers no discounts whatsoever.

And how many stores carry Monsta?

pretty typical **** here....guys that are fanboys for other brands are calling the Monsta fanboys "nuthangers", really does crack me up......it's a ****ing softball bat, buy it-swing it...if you don't like it sell it/trade it, if you love it then keep it....pretty simple concept....yes Monsta has a lot of issues but they do make some good bats, and certain reps and other brand **** suckers hate on them and talk **** about their team that just won whatever big tournament was just in OKC, it's kind of funny seeing all the jealousy and hatred over a softball bat company....the facebook pages are the best when the Monsta crews get on a rant on the militia pages and then they start banning people left and right if they say even a single word against monsta, they get all pissy and start reporting raffles and ****, lol, so then reps on other pages ban the sales of monsta bats and pretty much ban anyone that isn't bashing monsta...it's all very comical, all over a $250 piece of equipment meant to hit a $5 softball....

monsta doesn't even make utrip bats and my league switched to gsl so it is what it is....I will say they are doing a pretty cool contest on the militia page where people were allowed to submit design concepts and they chose the top 3 and it goes to a vote for favorite design and the winner gets their design made into a monsta bat and they also get 10 of the bats once they are made, might even get their name on it if I remember correctly

Don't you have softball equipment to mooch off of people with some sob story and then turn around and sell it all to buy brand new stuff from a store.

It could be added upto 30 days from the bat being shipped from Monsta, but only from the original purchaser.

The CS is actually great. If you are respectful, you would be treated like your there only customer. Its the people who act like *******s that catch the **** back from Carl.

Now the Militia, thats a whole other story. Some of them are, well, we'll say passionate. They will jump on people for something they have no business even committing on.

Respectful = click click.. Pay and wait for bat?
******* = irate customer.. Wondering where the bat is?

Please explain when it's ok to Argue, nastygram, cancel order, or have a confrontation with a customer.

You're taking what I said out of context. Monsta offered everyone full refunds on anybat. They continue to do so on any bat until the bat has shipped.

I mean, you should never belittle someone. Somethings are out of his hands. Carl is who he is, and nothing will change about that.

But, I hope you enjoy your DNA. Just remember, its 52/300's, 52/275's above 50° and 40/275's above 65°

When did the durability decrease? If you're talking about the lack of the "will never fail compression testing when used properly" line in the Torch/Bomb description, that has zero relation to it's durability. Using that kind of logic would mean that most Worth/Miken and some DeMarini bats have no durability since they can fail a tester right out of the wrapper.

As I previously stated, the IL rep told me that the Bombardier passed ASA testing 5-7 times before they finally granted it certification. That obviously costs a lot of money, so a price increase was bound to happen. He said it cost Carl $100k+ to make the Bombardier from start to finish.

LMFAO.... $100K you can't be serious with this right now.. This is by far the most absurd thing you have said yet... You are a true Monsta nut hanger and nobody is buying this. He would have to sell 3500 bats at $300 a piece to just break even if he spent $100K to make and get the Bombardier made. The IL rep is an idiot...

LOL......

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
They close a hell of a lot more than that. When they were almost 2 months behind the shipping date of the DNA Carl had just that they just got a HUGE shipment in from Zimbabwe or whatever 3rd world country his **** is made in and they were working hard to assemble all the bats and get them out to people. Then 2 days later he shows BP footage he had just take in the middle of the day with him and Dacko and 2 other Monstard employees had just taken. Tell me how much this guy cares about his customers when he is 2 plus months behind on the very first shipment of the DNA and he's posting BP session that just took place of the "NEW PROTOTYPE" bat. The Militia page went nuts with that when people were screaming and yelling they wanted their Bats which were already over 2 months late and here him and the whole garage team was taking BP instead of getting the bats into customers hands.

Who are you talking about?

And how many stores carry Monsta?

Don't you have softball equipment to mooch off of people with some sob story and then turn around and sell it all to buy brand new stuff from a store.

LMFAO.... $100K you can't be serious with this right now.. This is by far the most absurd thing you have said yet... You are a true Monsta nut hanger and nobody is buying this. He would have to sell 3500 bats at $300 a piece to just break even if he spent $100K to make and get the Bombardier made. The IL rep is an idiot...

LOL......

Dude I feel you...

But if he sold 3500 bats for 300 he would make over a million dollars

Raptor12

Star Player
Zimbabwe. ....aka same place the bat you have in your bag was made most likely. Some of you guys and your hard peters for monsta....comical.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Sully, during that time I was strongly influenced by a very negative and combative person. That ended and I saw the error of my ways.
Internet business is a really difficult place for proprietors. Keep in mind my real business deals with hundreds of customers on a daily basis. The difference there is its not over the net and the customers are respectful. They know at some point they will have to face you and that's a game changer. The people on here realize they will never be held accountable for their actions and act in a totally different manor, that creates a No win scenario for owners. That all being said YES I have mellowed :) but still dont enjoy faceless clowns talking out of their asses. My simple rule is if you wouldn't say it to the guy sitting at your local corner bar cause you would get a face full of hand, then Dont type it here.

I get it and I agree about people becoming Keyboard Cowboys because they don't think they will ever see you face to face.

And I also agree the internet is a brutal place to run a business, especially when you are first starting up. Even for the bigger companies read the reviews even on the popular items. There are always people who give it five stars and swear it's the greatest idea ever and others that will give it one star and swear it's the biggest piece of junk you've ever seen. We don't know any of these people, so their reviews can't always be taken at face value.

Dealing with people face to face is one reason I think I might prefer a brick and mortar business over an internet business.