I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

Playr4

Coach
I did hear years ago that Monsta bat comes from the same place as Demarini bats. Thought it was just hear say. After seeing the pic of the DNA grip. Now i wonder if it was true.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
That's a Demarini grip that someone put on there. The Monsta grips are way different and almost slick

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
Why don't Monsta just up the price by $50 and sell every bat with a one year warranty? How many people are swinging the same bat .. Two .. Three years later? My bet is the average guy don't give 2 ****s about a lifetime warranty, and is not willing to pull an extra $130 out of his pocket to buy a warranty on a $209 bat before tax. Especially if you are thinking your product is durable? Or am I completely missing the angle. Best case is you buy warranty and break the bat in year 3 and get the newest and greatest monsta bat?

Almost every person is making 20 bucks on a 1 year old bat, even with 500 swings. My angle just like most monsta owners is to preorder a few bats, break one in, sell one of them when prices are high, and keep another one as a backup. Most Bombs and Torches are going for $275 right now. Even if you break one Torch, you're still sitting on a $220 bat at the end of the year. In addition, i try out a new demarini and Miken to see if its worth having in the bag.

If you don't have means to replace a 200 bat that is rated for 2000 swings, you shouldn't buy a bat that is rated for 2000 swings.

Last edited:

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I don't think you understood my point, or I'm confused by yours.

I understand resale, supply and demand. I get the resale value is high on Monsta bats, because they have nothing in stock. If you want a bat today.. You are buying it secondhand at $30-$100 over the $209 retail price before taxes. Everybody wants $270-300 for new. Dudes are making $40-$75 profit by waiting for preorders and shuffling them to the impatient folks. So maybe Carl should raise the prices.. Put a one year warranty on the bats.. Put the bats in the hands of the customers and he makes that extra cabbage.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also......3500x$300= $1,050,000.00

Don't forget to subtract the actual cost of the bat, then the 100K he claims he spent on development or getting it to pass, I forget what the claim was. I think he was exaggerating some, but not that much. Especially since he doesn't sell the bats for 300, right?

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
I don't think you understood my point, or I'm confused by yours.

I understand resale, supply and demand. I get the resale value is high on Monsta bats, because they have nothing in stock. If you want a bat today.. You are buying it secondhand at $30-$100 over the $209 retail price before taxes. Everybody wants $270-300 for new. Dudes are making $40-$75 profit by waiting for preorders and shuffling them to the impatient folks. So maybe Carl should raise the prices.. Put a one year warranty on the bats.. Put the bats in the hands of the customers and he makes that extra cabbage.

Thats fair.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Cdam, best post you had in years and I totally agree with you. Being a small company that rose from nothing I wanted to see Carl do well like I did. I spoke to him a bunch of times early on warning him about how his antics were not going to help. Finally I had to give up and get away from the flames.
Cool thing about this game is there is a place for just about anyone with a halfway decent product to have an opportunity. Its how you handle it that makes is main stream or a fringe cult thing. Perhaps he is happy occupying the small segment of the market he has.

funny, I never thought we'd agree on anything in the history of everything.....I hope they make it to and that things change....the facebook pages are out of control, between the lovers and haters of monsta it's like 2 3rd world countries fighting a battle at the border....constant drama......it's ok to be passionate about a product or to dislike one as well but both sides of this particular coin have taken it to the point of almost a weird obsession......

I think they make great bats, and if I still played asa I'd swing them for sure....I will say this, I remember when I bought the first Monsta that came out and exchanged some emails with Carl after he was booted from the sbf pages, which in retrospect due to the popularity of this site at the time brought him a TON of recognition and just as many customers/supporters as it did haters/detractors...he actually called me up one day and he talked to me for a good 45 minutes and he told me that he was designing a bat that would never fail compression, it didn't have a name at the time, it turned out to be the DNA....was pretty cool and I honestly didn't think it was a feasible plan at the time....imo he needs a public relations team and to stay off the facebook rants, but thats just my opinion

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
it constantly seems like the same 3-4 guys that are whining about Monsta on here.....pretty typical, ***** about the Monsta nut hangers but are notorious brand **** riders themselves....pot meet kettle, lol

MAB

The Rookie
I'm confused. Why do you all think that Carl would lie about spending $100k on a bat for development and testing purposes? How is that beneficial for him to admit?

The BP video that was previously discussed was filmed because the shop ran out of foam for the FIB's and couldn't get the new foam in for another 5 days, according to the IL rep. No defending him there. That's a major mistake there. Shouldn't have posted the BP video until after the bats all went out...and I don't believe that they've shipped everything out yet still....

JB, the performance evaluations from ASA are posted in the Militia after a bat passes. I'm sure you'll say he's forging the numbers, though.

MAB

The Rookie
The other companies would jump all over him if he created a fake website to produce false data to try and sway potential buyers. I just don't see him being able to produce 3 years worth of false data without slipping up or being called out on it. Just my opinion on that aspect.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
funny, I never thought we'd agree on anything in the history of everything.....I hope they make it to and that things change....the facebook pages are out of control, between the lovers and haters of monsta it's like 2 3rd world countries fighting a battle at the border....constant drama......it's ok to be passionate about a product or to dislike one as well but both sides of this particular coin have taken it to the point of almost a weird obsession......

I think they make great bats, and if I still played asa I'd swing them for sure....I will say this, I remember when I bought the first Monsta that came out and exchanged some emails with Carl after he was booted from the sbf pages, which in retrospect due to the popularity of this site at the time brought him a TON of recognition and just as many customers/supporters as it did haters/detractors...he actually called me up one day and he talked to me for a good 45 minutes and he told me that he was designing a bat that would never fail compression, it didn't have a name at the time, it turned out to be the DNA....was pretty cool and I honestly didn't think it was a feasible plan at the time....imo he needs a public relations team and to stay off the facebook rants, but thats just my opinion

I agree on all counts. I actually think Carl has gotten a lot better the last few weeks since he booted all reps for other companies from his pages but that might just be because people aren't constantly talking **** about his products on there. It's bizarre to me that people would join a FB group JUST to talk **** on a product they've NEVER USED.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Atleast half of the reps I know have either owned or tried a monsta bat. I'm sure some joined to talk **** but the rest were for the same reasons as the average Militia member. I joined right after I got my DNA but I speak my mind instead of worship every word out of Carl's mouth so I ended up getting the boot. The Militia page is pretty much useless unless you can't remember what balls you can hit in what temps from day to day or you want shipping updates on a bat you've been waiting on for a year.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
So many guys are selling their monsta at this point cause Carl is a dbag and saying they will never buy another.
Starting the slow death cycle.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
That, or selling for a decent profit.

I've asked like 5 of them. All said done with asshat.
Even had a guy pm me from here out of the blue with a great deal on a bomb cause he wanted nothing to do with Monsta.

Last edited:

TRaj2327

Check the garbage can at the local park. We stumbled across this one last fall. It probably had no more than 50 swings on it.

1918070_10100909516909564_5097001041926750009_n.jpg

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The other companies would jump all over him if he created a fake website to produce false data to try and sway potential buyers. I just don't see him being able to produce 3 years worth of false data without slipping up or being called out on it. Just my opinion on that aspect.

He created a fake website too?

MAB

The Rookie
Check the garbage can at the local park. We stumbled across this one last fall. It probably had no more than 50 swings on it.

You left the part out where you placed it there. At least you said so on Ultimate last year.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
You left the part out where you placed it there. At least you said so on Ultimate last year.

No ****, relax. Can you idiots quit it so this thread will die. It was entertaining for a minute and i know i contributed to this turd but shut the **** up already.
The company is a turd
They have some bats that are decent/ above average
They have loyal fans and haters...for good reason
Good luck arguing about nothing some more.

Raptor12

Star Player

So a demarini guy puts a monsta bat in a garbage can....takes a pic of it....admits he did it on facebook then comes in here and says he found a dna in a garage can at the fields. Life is a rich tapestry isnt it.

TRaj2327

Sign #764 you are a Monsta nuthanger:

You take everything that could be potentially threatening to the Monsta cult literally.

TRaj2327

Don't sweat it. You're not alone. Pretty soon he'll slip up and we'll figure out what banned user he is and we won't have to decipher his cryptic comments anymore.