I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

Beauner

Starting Player
I'm confused. Why do you all think that Carl would lie about spending $100k on a bat for development and testing purposes? How is that beneficial for him to admit?

Adds to the hype of how hot the bat is going to be that it cost so much for all the R&D and how many times it had to be tested before ASA would stamp it.
Then all the Monsta reps can hype it as the "hottest bat ever made" and point to those numbers as proof that ASA didn't want to certify it because it was too hot.

Not rocket science.

TRaj2327

You guys made signs?!?!!?!?!

giphy.gif

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Funny thing is that people get so tired of listening to the haters it makes them want to try one out just to be able to come to their own conclusion....actually all the guys that hate on Monsta products are a great source of free advertising, lol, look how long this thread has gone on.....if anything Monsta saves a great deal on advertising bcus whether its **** talking or nut hugging people are still talking about them.....

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
See what people don't realize though is one bat can't be better than a top performing bat in its association. They can be worse, but not better

MAB

The Rookie
I have no idea what you meant by that.

You're saying that Carl may have faked those screenshots from WSU about the testing speeds. Doing so would mean that he would have to create a fake website so that the data could be posted, no? He cant just copy and paste from Excel or Word.

MAB

The Rookie
Adds to the hype of how hot the bat is going to be that it cost so much for all the R&D and how many times it had to be tested before ASA would stamp it.
Then all the Monsta reps can hype it as the "hottest bat ever made" and point to those numbers as proof that ASA didn't want to certify it because it was too hot.

Not rocket science.

All it shows is that the Bombardier dug him into a huge financial hole that he won't get out of when you consider how many other bat companies there are. Higher prices lead to less revenue in this industry. Before you could justify spending $199 on an NR bat, but seeing the $209.99 retail price for an NR bat will turn folks away. Especially when you can get a new line bat from elsewhere with a warranty for close to that. The Bombardier may be another nail in his coffin.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're saying that Carl may have faked those screenshots from WSU about the testing speeds. Doing so would mean that he would have to create a fake website so that the data could be posted, no? He cant just copy and paste from Excel or Word.

I said nothing of the sort. What is WSU? You said he claimed they passed at 97.7. I said bull****. This is the first I've heard of screen shots. Feel free to post them if you'd like.

skew12

Funny thing is that people get so tired of listening to the haters it makes them want to try one out just to be able to come to their own conclusion....actually all the guys that hate on Monsta products are a great source of free advertising, lol, look how long this thread has gone on.....if anything Monsta saves a great deal on advertising bcus whether its **** talking or nut hugging people are still talking about them.....

Between this type of thread and YouTube, I decided too be Monsta a try. Definitely glad I did!

MAB

The Rookie
See what people don't realize though is one bat can't be better than a top performing bat in its association. They can be worse, but not better

That's true IF the "top performing bat" passed ASA certification at the 97.94 mph limit that ASA allows. If a Monsta or any other bat passes at 97.70, then there's a .24 mph gap that could be filled. Until manufacturers start releasing their certification info, there is no true verdict as to which bat performs the best. Only opinions.

MAB

The Rookie
I said nothing of the sort. What is WSU? You said he claimed they passed at 97.7. I said bull****. This is the first I've heard of screen shots. Feel free to post them if you'd like.

There are screenshots of the 13 Monsta testing results on the Monsta Athletics Facebook page. I will have to dig through hundreds upon hundreds of pictures to find the DNA screenshots. If I have the time and can find it, I will post it here or PM them to you.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did he make 13 different models or is that how many times asa tests and re rolls and retests? What is wsu?

I don't care which model. One of his bs pics is all i want to see.

JoeBraga

Manager

This was actually one of the reasons I ordered. Had to see what all the hype (negative and positive) was about.

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
Monsta CS blows. Anybody who says different is one of Carls ***guzzling nuthugging fanboys plain n simple. Swing Demar, Worth, Miken etc anything but a monsTURD

Raptor12

Star Player
Did he make 13 different models or is that how many times asa tests and re rolls and retests? What is wsu?

I don't care which model. One of his bs pics is all i want to see.

WSU= washington state university....where the asa certifications are done. A mere 70 minute drive from my front door. Go Cougs!

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Apparently I was removed from the Monsta and Monsta Militia BST facebook pages. Wonder who it was in this thread that went crying to Carl and told him someone didnt like the way he treated his customers. Too funny.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
You're better off. I got removed the day they made the announcement that the Torch and Bombardier will eventually fail.compression for saying "so much for the DNA being a memory." lol

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep, so probably going to put my DNA up on Ebay. No need for a bat I cant use, from a Company that has a douche bag for an owner. Idiot would sell a ton more bats if he wasnt such an asshat.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
From the thread about the new Anarchy bat company:

My .02 if MAB is Carl. Since they took down the Monsta customer service thread that was here, couldn't post my experience with Monsta bat owners. Wouldn't buy one new since there are so many complaints about their service, so bought a Black Widow used. First time ever that I had to request a refund from the bay b/c the d-bag never provided shipping info, wouldn't respond to messages. Still didn't respond with so much as an apology or reason why it hadn't been shipped (would have rather had the bat).

1st and last time I will consider a Monsta bat.

MrSchutz25

Addicted to Softballfans
I've NEVER been let down by Demarini. I wasn't impressed with the DNA, but it was a 27oz flex handle. There is a ton of Monsta hype here in Iowa, and everyone is quick to say "HOTTEST BAT EVER" when I hit BOMBS with my Insane.

I'm going to give the Bombardier a try (whenever my preorder arrives). I am considering cancelling because of the paint crack issue I'm seeing with a lot out of the first batch.

Savalicious

They Call Me Hollywood
Swung my bomb Friday for first time and it was pretty gross. Contemplating selling it for feel alone, not performance.

As far as CS goes, I pre ordered a bomb when they first were available and waited 2 months before emailing a CS rep and had no issues getting a full refund to buy something else. Probably just got lucky with one of the good ones.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung my bomb Friday for first time and it was pretty gross. Contemplating selling it for feel alone, not performance.

Im getting the same feeling about my Torch. Preformance is there for sure, but for me the feel is just off.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
This is the last year we can use asa bats in my league and I want to get a Torch but by the time I got it I wouldn't be showed to use it, lol