In such a bad slump

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Dayum my hitting is so bad right now (pretty much this whole season)

Feel like beating someone with my bats but I'd probably not get any good hits in anyways

:mad:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been too.... Just getting too picky and trying to do too much. Went 4-4, last night though. If you're struggling with pitch selection, just wait until there's 2 strikes and swing at anything close. You can't pick and choose what you want to hit that way. Either hit it or strike out looking.

dcm13

Addicted to Softballfans
don't overthink things....get in the box...see the ball...watch the bat hit the ball!

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Im swinging too early 2 weeks ago went 4 for 4 in one game.

Since then cant hit to save my life. Last night took a walk my first AB , next 2 hit ball off end cap.

Weak grounders to 3b & SS

6040adam

Addicted to Softballfans
I have hit terrible in tournies!! under .500 in 7 or 8 ... legitimatley hitting great in leagues... i feel ya on hitting something with your bat bro

Waggs14

Star Player
I have hit terrible in tournies!! under .500 in 7 or 8 ... legitimatley hitting great in leagues... i feel ya on hitting something with your bat bro

I know some guys with this issue, league play is one thing you know your team you know who your playing... for us we play coed league so your always better than the 5 gurls lol but then you step up to the mens tournaments and wanna prove yourself and wanna do really good.... get yourself out of your normal and end up hurting your team even more.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Think about the pitcher slapping the old lady around... Rip smash the ball with no placement!

hatemail

Starting Player
since i play league with this bro i can honestly say your way too anxious....youre jumping at the ball and not giving it time to travel to you...thats why your catching soo much endcap...my advice is to think about going up there and make an effort to use the whole field...id scoot off the plate and make a conscious effort to go oppo...mentally it helps you focus on letting the ball travel abit more and keeps you from attacking the ball too early...the majority of your balls are pulled with many of those balls on the outer half...btw....itd would help if you swung an EASTON!!!!! LOL

spos21ram

The Legend
When I am in a little rut I look at my mechanics starting from my stance. Usually the problem is the position of my hands. When I'm not hitting well they are either too low or too high. I feel most comfortable with them right around the height of my back shoulder and for some reason I'll go a few at bats with them not where they should be and that's when I start not getting the ball off the meat of the bat.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Keep the front shoulder down.......Drive off back leg.......Take front shoulder to ball and go middle..It's the biggest part of the field.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
When I am struggling I just get so pissed off I try and murder the ball, with wreckless abandon, also with the intention of blowing up an IFer. If it hit it right at someone, and get snapped of that defender will know that I pissed all over that ball!

ATL Rookie

Manager
When I am struggling I just get so pissed off I try and murder the ball, with wreckless abandon, also with the intention of blowing up an IFer. If it hit it right at someone, and get snapped of that defender will know that I pissed all over that ball!

These piss me off to no end. The feeling when you know the ball came off the sweetspot. The disappointment when you are out before you even get out of the box.

hatemail

Starting Player
been using my baseball swing my entire softball career.

always been a pull hitter

gotta learn to use the other 66.7% of the field....theres hits to be had out there...too many guys on the team trying to pull and endup going o'fer because they refuse to to go back up the middle or oppo...i say youre trying to jump on pitches way too early and catching them too late in your swing...imo it looks like at contact your swings already on the downside and well into your followthrough...i know there was one swing where you made contact way infront of your front foot....just wait a bit and let it travel...i know its easier said then done but its what i see bro...

hatemail

Starting Player
oh and by the way you know ive got a bunch of eastons waiting for you to manup and put down those worth sissy bats...LOL

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
lol....

not swinging an eastons until 2013

@ ATL Rookie....you hit the nail right on the head about know your out even before your out the box

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
When I am in a seemingly never ending slump, I just pee on my gamer right before the game. Works 60% of the time... everytime!

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Unless everything about your swing is perfect (mine isn't and I'm pretty sure yours isn't either), you don't want to go up there without a plan for where you're going to hit or without thinking about your swing. You say that you're going at the ball way too early...force yourself to wait an extra second before swinging. What will work as far as forcing that extra wait is different for everyone; I know some people let out a breath before swinging, others (like me) say something to themselves when they want to swing, and swing after they say it. It's a split-second difference, but that's all you need.

alberts35

Addicted to Softballfans
yo-dawg-bro.gif

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Took some bp today with one of my teams . Aimed at going middle or oppo & it did help me delay my swing some.

Dizzle5

You my hero...
1. See ball, hit ball
2. swing hard in case you make contact
3. Never play cards with a guy named after a city

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
Alot of times its your mind over thinking the situation. If you are over thinking somthing you have literally done thousands if not millions of times, your brain ****s you up. Try thinking about somthing completely unrealted to softball when stepping in the box. some athletes will hum or sing a song in their head and just let your body do what it knows how to do, since you have probably taken hundreds of thousands of softball swings in your life.

jonah35

Addicted to Softballfans
For me its all a mind game... alot times I'll take my gamer and put a new grip/tape on it. Sounds dumb and I know I'm not changing anything with my swing or stance, but it has worked for me before.

funfitfriendly

Starting Player
To get out of a slump I would start with the batting cages. Try to build your confidence up by assessing a batting cage hit for one that in a live game would be a hit, try to bat at least .500 in the cages. I find that in real life , a batting cage percentage only drops by about 10 % in a game sitation. Get back into the game and start with hitting up the middle, just short gappers just over the pitcher's head, or to the lanes on either side of pitcher. Good luck