Infield training

Gpmaximus

Just starting playing in a senior league after 50 years,wondering if a pitching machine would help in my infield play? With the composite bats and hard core balls would it be realistic training?

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I would think that a safer method that can simulate the speed of a .44 off of a senior bat without killing you would be a tennis ball machine. No clue what they cost. I just know that MLB teams use them to help their player track pitches. They'll crank that thing up to like 140mph and the batters have to read the number off the tennis ball.

blakcherry329

Don't get me started on the stupidity of hotter bats with harder balls. SMH. :mad:
Having said that, have you been playing regular softball and transitioning, no pun intended 😁, to Senior or a novice looking to play Senior? If it's the latter, I would invest in a fielding mask and just go for it. If you're worried about the speed of the ball off the bat, play deeper. You should have ample time to throw people out, given it's Seniors.

Gpmaximus

Don't get me started on the stupidity of hotter bats with harder balls. SMH. :mad:
Having said that, have you been playing regular softball and transitioning, no pun intended 😁, to Senior or a novice looking to play Senior? If it's the latter, I would invest in a fielding mask and just go for it. If you're worried about the speed of the ball off the bat, play deeper. You should have ample time to throw people out, given it's Seniors.
I’ve been playing now into my 2nd season after a 50 year layoff! Trying to improve my infield play,foot work reading the hop! Keeping it in mind glove! The rebounder doesn’t seem to produce great results but it’s still practice! That’s why I’m looking into a pitching machine.