Infielders glove

Mz Adree16

Hello, I'm looking to buy my daughter a infielders glove but don't know what size? She's currently using her 12 inch trapeze glove, but seems to have some difficulty getting the ball out quick enough. I was thinking of getting her a 11.5 inch H web or should I stick with a 12 in just a different web? All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
What age?
What position in the infield?
Is it a true trap or a mod-trap?
What level of play and how much does she play?

Mz Adree16

What age?
What position in the infield?
Is it a true trap or a mod-trap?
What level of play and how much does she play?

She's 17, she usually plays center field but they've been using her at 3rd lately. She plays travel ball and will play at the collegiate level. I was thinking of surprising her, with a glove as a graduation present. So I won't really want to ask her. She currently has a Wilson A2000 12inch. But the glove is molded in nicely so it works well in the outfield.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
She's 17, she usually plays center field but they've been using her at 3rd lately. She plays travel ball and will play at the collegiate level. I was thinking of surprising her, with a glove as a graduation present. So I won't really want to ask her. She currently has a Wilson A2000 12inch. But the glove is molded in nicely so it works well in the outfield.

At her age that opens almost endless possibilities, for some reason in my mind I was thinking this was going to be about younger player, say 12U.....and if I start sounding stupid, I just drove almost 9 hours!

Couple of things.....
*What size 17 year old are we talking about? And what size hands?
*Does the college she'll be playing at have an equipment endorsement or sponsorship to a manufacturer already?
*And what about the college HC, some HC's want their players at specific positions using specific sized gloves.

I'm a Rawlings guy, Rawlings gloves are notorious for running a 1/4" shorter than their listed or stamped size, for example, a really popular glove on this forum is the Don Morton Rawlings Pro1000HC. Great glove, beautiful glove, and an old school tried and true pattern that's stood the test of time. It's a 12" glove that always measures 11.75" every time, at least the two I've owned did.

BTW, that Don Morton Pro1000 would be a great option if she can use an 11.75" glove! You could also deal with Chad here at SBF and order a custom Rawlings on the builder.
*A Rawlings Pro206 is a 12" similar to the Pro1000. Probably end up being 11.75.
*A Rawlings Pro207 is 12.25" which I like for 3B, cause it'll probably measure dead on 12".
*A Rawlings Pro208 is a 12.5" glove that'll end up being 12.25". See where I'm going with this?
All of these are based on the Pro200 series so they'll have snug hand stalls, and I probably should have mentioned these are all baseball gloves, NOT softball gloves, NO velcro!!

Like I said, endless possibilities, others may suggest Wilson's A2000 or A2K. Nokona, Vinci, Louisville Slugger, I do suggest for the amount of ball she'll be playing, go for durability.......Rawlings, get a Heart of the Hide, Wilson, get an A2000. 3B is such a reaction and instinct position, I think a 3B glove should be a 1/4" to a 1/2" larger than a SS or 2B glove, just this guys opinion.

I'll check this tomorrow, can't see anymore!