INSANITY fitness program

TASSELHOFF

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anybody done it or is doing it now? I'm going on my 2nd week today and was just wondering what kinda results anybody got out of it. I'm basicly just tryna burn off some winter fat and improve my cardio not necessarily lose weight. Only problem I'm having is serious knee pain during and after exercises. I had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair in 05 though so pretty sure that plays a part. I just started taking 1 a day multivitamin and men's pro health sport active 1 a day vitamin so maybe it'll help. Lmk what you guys think about the program

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
Has anybody done it or is doing it now? I'm going on my 2nd week today and was just wondering what kinda results anybody got out of it. I'm basicly just tryna burn off some winter fat and improve my cardio not necessarily lose weight. Only problem I'm having is serious knee pain during and after exercises. I had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair in 05 though so pretty sure that plays a part. I just started taking 1 a day multivitamin and men's pro health sport active 1 a day vitamin so maybe it'll help. Lmk what you guys think about the program

I did the whole program last March to May. With a good diet, and the whole program, I lost 40lbs before my wedding middle of May. You will be achy and have pain up until the first month is over. The recovery week is nice, then the 2nd month is hell the first week. Once you get the rotation down its not bad. Just goes from 30-40 mins to consistant 50-55 min work outs. All in all its vgtg.

TASSELHOFF

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never had a diet nor watched what I ate but now I'm eating alot healthier. Oatmeal n fruit for breakfast, Greek yogurt for snack or after workout snack, straw banana smoothies, def watching calories and carbs and trying to get some protein in. What would be some good diet tips or ideas you could throw out? Thanks bro

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
I've never had a diet nor watched what I ate but now I'm eating alot healthier. Oatmeal n fruit for breakfast, Greek yogurt for snack or after workout snack, straw banana smoothies, def watching calories and carbs and trying to get some protein in. What would be some good diet tips or ideas you could throw out? Thanks bro

Eating every 2 hours. Breakfast, I had a bagel, OJ or glass of milk. Then lunch would be like turkey sandwich, carrots/celery/cauliflower, sugar free jello, dinner would be chicken and rice, and other healthy fixins. In between each big meal as a snack, I would have like nutrigrain bar, or pretzels or along those lines. I used myfitness as my calorie counter. This will show you the reality of what you eat, and what your calorie intake really is.

browns fan

Addicted to Softballfans
Im curently on my 3rd week of it. i love it. the first 2 weeks were rough on my knees. i picked up a new pair of shoes and all my knee pain is gone. i used to have a lot of pain in my knees squating down, thats gone too. my shoes were a little worn and my feet were sliding around inside them, the new shoes have seemed to work.

njarcher21

Addicted to Softballfans
Eating every 2 hours. Breakfast, I had a bagel, OJ or glass of milk. Then lunch would be like turkey sandwich, carrots/celery/cauliflower, sugar free jello, dinner would be chicken and rice, and other healthy fixins. In between each big meal as a snack, I would have like nutrigrain bar, or pretzels or along those lines. I used myfitness as my calorie counter. This will show you the reality of what you eat, and what your calorie intake really is.

myfitnesspal? If so, I use it too...have the app on my droid...

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
I started it but couldn't get in a hang of it. Think I started the program on 5 separate occasions over the course of 5 months, longest I got was start of week 4. Typically would only get to the end of week 2. It's a great program that works, even the small time I did it I could tell I was getting in better shape. Just couldn't stick with it long enough to keep doing it. Time is another factor, you have to make sure you have an hour every day for it, which I don't on some days.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
Have any of you tried to ball after Insanity? I did Insanity for about 3 weeks and it messed my timing up big time.

adamj575

Worlds best dad
go to bodybuilding.com and look in the forums at the losing fat section...the answers to all of your questions and everything you need to know will be in there

TASSELHOFF

Addicted to Softballfans
Ibuprofen and a knee brace helped today during Cardio Power & Resistance. Plus I downloaded that app. Thanks fellaz

Spider12

Banned User
Timing issues are probably caused by you getting stronger and increasing your bat speed, I hit twice a week so I should be okay, starting insanity in about 20 minutes, wish me luck since I'm a smoker I'm probably gonna die

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
Started week 3 today. Second time I've tried it. Got through 5 weeks last time and then just dropped it. I was ahead of all my fit test numbers from the previous time except power squats. I hate those things.

TASSELHOFF

Addicted to Softballfans
Are u guys seeing any results within the first few weeks? Weight loss? Lower body fat? Better cardio?

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
I definitely see/feel a difference in my body. Ive lost some weight but not alot. I havent takrn any measurements other than weight but can see a difference.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
I did Insanity and P90. Insanity will certainly shed some pounds (especially if you eat healthy). I noticed my legs getting way more defined and larger. If your knee is hurting (my wife had the same issue - ACL and MCL surgery on both) and she modified moves and avoided the lateral movement. Remember it is about getting a good workout, not doing the moves just like the fitness freaks on the screen. Good job!

As stated above...timing issues are likely due to gaining strength. That is a good thing. You'll get your timing back.

Feeling better during the workout isn't necessarily the goal as they are going to increase the intensity as you move through the program. The results outside of the actual workout is your goal. You will feel better. Your heart is going to last longer. You are going to be more motivated and energetic about life. Win-Win-Win.

Stretch19

Grow up
teammate of mine started insanity back up like a month ago...we played our first tourney of the year last weekend and the on the field results were pretty impressive...he looked faster, more explosive and swung the bat with a good deal of power from all the core strengthening work hes been doing