Insignia Gloves

Vizslahunter

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody know much about these? Good...bad? I've tried a couple on but don't own any. Price seems a little steep for such a new brand.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Anybody know much about these? Good...bad? I've tried a couple on but don't own any. Price seems a little steep for such a new brand.

there's a seller on ebay that sells their top of the line models for dirt cheap .. can't remember the name, but he's based out of Providence, RI.. pm Linedriver5, he got one from him & I believe still has it up for sale on here.. he can tell you more about the quality, etc.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1200386&highlight=insignia

dynamcpunk

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one, it is their middle level glove, the leather is good on it they are real stiff out the bag I like mine.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
When Nokona entered into a partnership with a group from Boston (Fenway Partners or Fenway Group), the new partners decided what they needed to do was expand the brand (especially downward, but I think the Bloodline line came to being then too). To make the gloves, they opened up a factory in Worcester MA. It was really high tech in that they used computers and laser cutting to utilize almost every square inch of each hide. However, the software couldn't take into account the fact that leather has a grain and stretches more in one direction than the other. As a result, many of Nokona gloves made at the factory were badly misshapen or got that way with use. But the Fenway Partners also spent a lot of money on promotions and marketing. They didn't spend the money well and the company almost went bankrupt. The partnership dissolved in court (Nokona -- in Nocona -- almost lost use of the name), but the Texas factory was bought by Cutters Gloves (now Cutters/Nokona) and they were able to secure the name Nokona.

I am not sure if Insignia is owned by Fenway Partners or if someone else is using the factory. For a long time they were still using the Nokona patterns and may still be doing so. I am not sure if they have figured out how to cut the pieces to take into consideration the grain.