Is Genesis the real deal.

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
After many years and all the latest and greatest. I prefer the one piece and the Genesis delivers. It is right there with senior bats I swing.

greg1292

100% agree. Almost seems like the Genesis is a repaint of the H1 but actually has a way better feel.

Z1k05

Star Player
So In order to have have instant performance need to cut corner on durability . I knew this bat would be too good to be true

greg1292

So In order to have have instant performance need to cut corner on durability . I knew this bat would be too good to be true
What temps was the bat hit in? Cut corners is a misleading statement. And there are things as manufacturing defect.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
What temps was the bat hit in? Cut corners is a misleading statement. And there are things as manufacturing defect.
Are you a rep? Cut corners isn't a misleading statement. I also don't think it's what he meant. I think he meant sacrifices have to be made somewhere.

greg1292

Posting a pic and saying a company cut corners is a blanket statement with no merit or context. And no I am not a rep.

Z1k05

Star Player

I really don’t want to hear manufacturing defect,
I have a hunch this is a trend we will see with these genesis...save this post if you want. I had last years and previous years z1ks and those 2 broke within 100 swings so
Maybe LS bat manufacturing is a defect in itself

Z1k05

Star Player
And by cutting corners meaning in order for LS to catch up with everyone else durability had to be sacrificed

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
And by cutting corners meaning in order for LS to catch up with everyone else durability had to be sacrificed
People hear cutting corners and they assume you mean they used cheap materials or ignored safety regulations. They don't understand that it means taking any shortcut, which could easily include making the decision to go with a model that is less durable in order to catch up with everyone else instead of putting in the R&D time to create a bat that is both hot and somewhat durable.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Posting a pic and saying a company cut corners is a blanket statement with no merit or context. And no I am not a rep.
You said it was misleading, and it seems you don't know about the merit or context. That doesn't mean it isn't there. It sounds like you're the one that is trying to mislead. That's why I asked if you're a rep.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Yes it is my pic. Yes we review bats and I put a good bit of swings on them when we film them to get a pretty good gauge of performance. I didn't expect it to be leaked out before my review.

We have used the same bp mix of balls for the past few seasons. Classic M's, 44/400 Icons, 44/400 WSL's, Evil Rockets, Evil 52 Lites, Worth Maxspeeds, and a few ASA 44/375s. Same balls we use on every review. We swung this in 70 degree weather.

Just because my bat broke, doesn't mean any company "cut corners". It was very good from the wrapper and thats ok in this day of age with bats and target markets not wanting to put a lot of bp time in. LS has always had great CS to me and I have no problem using my return for this.

I bought the Genesis for two reasons. 1) they're donating a portion to Autism Speaks (Im a teacher and have had numerous AU students in my years and they're incredible people) 2) nostalgia from the original Genesis.

I guess I will have to start watermarking my pics when I send them through FB :cool:

FYI, my review and video will be uploaded tomorrow

Neverseen10

You guys let me know when the all the new bats last they either seam or fail in less then a month if you play alot it sucks anymore you can't bp or use the bat you use in league etc..bring back the old goodies like the good ole days