ISA Ball Question

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
Winter nats was this past weekend, played at 2 diff locations. 1st location allowed us to use Rocks and there was no courtesy. 2nd location (main location of the day), in the middle of the 2nd game, we were told we were not allowed to use ISA stamped rocks and has to use the Trump supplied balls for the tourney. Batter was out; guy on 1st had to return to 1st. We've played ISA the past 3-4 years and have NEVER had this rule come into play? Anyone else have this BS happen yet? and not to mention you now had 1 courtesy...

So you can’t use an ISA stamped ball in an ISA tournament? Makes sense

Badley07

Addicted to Softballfans
I was watching when this went down! Looked like a bunch of BS to me! I it is stamped ISA why would you not be able to use it??

Country35

Banned User
In NC/SC you had to hit the tattoo ball with the nc/sc logo. At worlds you had to hit their supplied WSE ball as well. I don't agree with it, but its a way ISA makes more money off of us.

Daddyfatsacs

Cannon for a right arm
In NC/SC you had to hit the tattoo ball with the nc/sc logo. At worlds you had to hit their supplied WSE ball as well. I don't agree with it, but its a way ISA makes more money off of us.

We were pretty pissed and you hit it on the head here...just a way to make even more money off of us...

Fin09

Addicted to Softballfans
They make money from you, but it also prevents re-stamped or older balls with outdated specs being used. We ran into the same thing here a couple of years ago when we switched from a 525 compression ball to a 400. We had to specify which stamped ball was legal.

mrl112

Smarter than you're
We have to use Potomac Sports stamped balls around here. It's also another way to help keep people from using doctored balls, although I'm not sure if that's really even an issue. All of them fly with the Utrip bats.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Winter nats was this past weekend, played at 2 diff locations. 1st location allowed us to use Rocks and there was no courtesy. 2nd location (main location of the day), in the middle of the 2nd game, we were told we were not allowed to use ISA stamped rocks and has to use the Trump supplied balls for the tourney. Batter was out; guy on 1st had to return to 1st. We've played ISA the past 3-4 years and have NEVER had this rule come into play? Anyone else have this BS happen yet? and not to mention you now had 1 courtesy...

So you can’t use an ISA stamped ball in an ISA tournament? Makes sense

They should have just taken the ball out of play (instead of giving you an out)...

As for the ISA thing(with having to hit the supplied ball)... yeah, they have done that here in the Carolinas on and off for the past few years.. I think it is crap...