ISA now allows Senior bats

D-Rock25

Sand baggin since 1995
I'm glad I'm done as a director!!!!

Good year for me to run!!

It was fun while it lasted! Just couldn't get any help to build the program in MN.

I met a lot of good people in ISA. And some pretty shady ones!!

ISA directors running the World Series do not go by the national rule book and when you question them they don't even have a rule book to go over it with them!!!

Teams from MN that qualified we played the game by the book to the T. And we get to worlds the MN teams always felt behind the wheel.

Classification at worlds in Lower division is horrible
Directors in NC, SC, MD are way off on the teams they send. Those are not E, or Bronze.

Fun times!!!

I am an ISA director and was present at the convention in Tupelo last week. I have also worked at a number of senior events around the country for the past 7 years.

I voted in favor of this rules change and here are my thoughts-

Changing the bat standard without also looking at some other rule modifications would have been a mistake, so a package of rules was passed.

1.21 BPF was approved
Pitchers are required to wear a facemask
The pitcher's box was extended by 4 feet (50-60' is permitted)
Retain the existing courtesy foul rule (courtesy is allowed)

When all other associations are experiencing a decrease in participation, the men's and women's 40s group is growing at a considerable rate.

Our partners in the senior community use the same bat standard, same ball, and similar pitching / pitcher protection rules. They have not seen a rise in injuries- but again, have seen an increase in participation.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm glad I'm done as a director!!!!

Good year for me to run!!

It was fun while it lasted! Just couldn't get any help to build the program in MN.

I met a lot of good people in ISA. And some pretty shady ones!!

ISA directors running the World Series do not go by the national rule book and when you question them they don't even have a rule book to go over it with them!!!

Teams from MN that qualified we played the game by the book to the T. And we get to worlds the MN teams always felt behind the wheel.

Classification at worlds in Lower division is horrible
Directors in NC, SC, MD are way off on the teams they send. Those are not E, or Bronze.

Fun times!!!

ISA is the worst for classification. We won the ISA Worlds in Aiken in 2011. We were classified an E team all year long, and that is what we played. The team we beat to win it was Drive-By (GA). They were mainly a mix of D&C players. We beat Southland(GA)-- who everyone knows as well that tournament, not to mention Alabama Elite (definitely not an E team).. It got worse in 2012.. the Silver/D was loaded with strong C/Gold teams (Like RDU Crossfit, who did not even finish in the top 4).

ISA Gold has not made in the past 3 years, because all of the Gold teams are playing D/Silver.

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
I knew they would find some way to **** this up. So senior bats r now "legal" in ISA but yet the U2 can only be used by "true seniors".... WTF why even bother if you cant swing ALL senior sticks.. Guess maybe ill give the balanced Dudley Lightning a try.

KraigP26

Addicted to Softballfans
I knew they would find some way to **** this up. So senior bats r now "legal" in ISA but yet the U2 can only be used by "true seniors".... WTF why even bother if you cant swing ALL senior sticks.. Guess maybe ill give the balanced Dudley Lightning a try.

swing it, you wont be disappointed:biggthumpup:

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans

Actually, they are not legal. The bat manufacturers had to sign off on it for approval, and none of them signed the form to allow the senior league bats legal in ISA..

Basically, everyone thought it was a stupid idea, except for a handful of directors in ISA.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually, they are not legal. The bat manufacturers had to sign off on it for approval, and none of them signed the form to allow the senior league bats legal in ISA..

Basically, everyone thought it was a stupid idea, except for a handful of directors in ISA.

They have had some companies submit the paperwork now. It just took some time.

ad starr
boomba
dudley
louiseville slugger

are the ones i saw on the list. here is the link

http://isasoftball.com/component/content/article/2-uncategorised/8-approved-equipment?Itemid=134

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
In my area they are allowing senior bats...miken, Easton worth are the ones ive seen so far

glovinitup

Addicted to Softballfans
ISA is the worst for classification. We won the ISA Worlds in Aiken in 2011. We were classified an E team all year long, and that is what we played. The team we beat to win it was Drive-By (GA). They were mainly a mix of D&C players. We beat Southland(GA)-- who everyone knows as well that tournament, not to mention Alabama Elite (definitely not an E team).. It got worse in 2012.. the Silver/D was loaded with strong C/Gold teams (Like RDU Crossfit, who did not even finish in the top 4).

ISA Gold has not made in the past 3 years, because all of the Gold teams are playing D/Silver.

if they were not E and you beat them, you were not E and doing the same thing:thumb:

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
I just saw this.

For the Southeast Championships the 1.21 bat will not be legal to use.
This could possibly go even further into the year. This is a decision that I have made for SC and this tournament. If anyone has any questions about this please call Scott @ 864-395-6284.

Regards,
The ISA of SC Team.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I just saw this.

For the Southeast Championships the 1.21 bat will not be legal to use.
This could possibly go even further into the year. This is a decision that I have made for SC and this tournament. If anyone has any questions about this please call Scott @ 864-395-6284.

Regards,
The ISA of SC Team.

There are a few senior bats that are not marked 1.21

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Must have made a deal with the bat manufactures the young guns should bust a senior bat or 2 a tournament.