It's official, Anna's with Rawlings now!

MaverickAH

Wanted to give you guys an update...........

Bonehead is home for Christmas break, she finished her first semester with a 3.6 GPA, so that means no more two hour study hall which is mandatory for freshman. If you score over a 3.0 the first semester, you don’t have to go to study hall anymore. She says there’s juniors and seniors on this team who still have to go. o_O

Her little 5’0” frame lost 14 pounds this first semester, she’s definitely never EVER been this fit! She’s loving the weight training, and HATING the conditioning!! This college softball thing is a full time job, and Lord knows....... I hear all about it! :rolleyes:

The real grind starts in February with a 50 game Spring schedule, managing studies and softball is going to be tough with the traveling and missing classes. She’s going to have to put on her big girl pants!

Haven’t posted anything about Anna in awhile, thought I’d catch you guys up. Here’s one pic of her, not sure why I like it so much but I do. I *think* this was in the equipment room right before the Clemson game. Check out the size comparison!
View attachment 61209

I told you that she was going to have to work harder than she's ever had to before! :p

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I told you that she was going to have to work harder than she's ever had to before! :p
And you sir were correct! Anna’s HC runs 6 / 8 miles everyday herself, she believes everyone should run! And this woman don’t look like your typical female college softball coach.......extremely fit and very pretty! Anna says throwing up during conditioning is just normal now, no one thinks a thing about it!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
awesome to hear about her! sounds like she needs to try to schedule the easier classes in the spring and the harder in the fall. and tell her that summer classes are the easiest because you don't have to remember everything as long. plus, the professors and students that tend to be in the summer classes are the ones that want to be there so it's a better atmosphere overall. good luck to her this spring!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
That was October 2017 when I first told you guys about Anna’s first official visit, what a ride! You guys have no idea how glad I am that I found this place, and that you all endured my rambling about my daughter’s softball journey!

Thanks!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
That was October 2017 when I first told you guys about Anna’s first official visit, what a ride! You guys have no idea how glad I am that I found this place, and that you all endured my rambling about my daughter’s softball journey!

Thanks!

How many games in a season? I have a softballer in one of my classes this semester and with 50 games, it looks like she is going to miss about 1/3 of the classes for travel. I don't get a lot of athletes as coaches usually tell them to avoid economics.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
How many games in a season? I have a softballer in one of my classes this semester and with 50 games, it looks like she is going to miss about 1/3 of the classes for travel. I don't get a lot of athletes as coaches usually tell them to avoid economics.
57 games scheduled. That’s over two high school seasons stuffed into three months!

Jomatty

Starting Player
I stopped hanging out here a little before this post was made. Sorry I missed it. As a father with a junior in high school (not an athlete) your pride and excitement really shines through. It choked me up a bit. Such a fun journey your daughter is on that you get a front row seat for.

Jchap

Why do they tell them to avoid economics? Is it offered only in the afternoon during practice/game time?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
They are encouraged to majors like communications, criminal justice, or a major we have called "applied arts and sciences." Degrees that are not known to require a lot of time. In coaches' minds, econ is lumped in with math, physics, accounting, etc.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
They are encouraged to majors like communications, criminal justice, or a major we have called "applied arts and sciences." Degrees that are not known to require a lot of time. In coaches' minds, econ is lumped in with math, physics, accounting, etc.
ack, I forget you're talking about college. College athletes generally are pushed towards classes/majors that are "easy" or where the coach has a lot of influence over grading policies. Economics never fall into those categories

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
She made the Dean’s list her first semester, which with the insane load she has on her with softball, and all this new college freshman stuff, I’m beyond proud of her!

Now with the actual schedule starting this week, gotta say I’m a little worried about this second semester??

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Freshman season, last time on campus ever for this year! Me, my wife, and Anna had a scheduled, timed, appointment to be at school and have her dorm room cleaned out, as of yesterday she's already been home for 4 weeks! Covid 19 can suck it!
43669043-C9B5-4E9C-B12F-B9EEDE28BBA3.png

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm sure you're heartbroken to have her around lol. is she going to be getting an extra year of eligibility out of this?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
i'm sure you're heartbroken to have her around lol. is she going to be getting an extra year of eligibility out of this?

I've only heard it talked about for seniors, so I'm really not sure, although I highly doubt she'd use it. Seems like the NCAA jumped the gun on this whole eligibility issue just to save face! I hate it for the seniors, I hate it even more for HS senior athletes, but.....it sucks for them, it sucks for me, and it sucks for you, guess what I'm trying to say this whole virus situation sucks for everyone, our world has changed!

As far as eligibility, what do you think the percentage of seniors returning would be? What does that do to the 3 classes behind them? What does this do to the upcoming recruited freshman class coming in? If the upcoming freshman have their NLI signed, isn't that basically a contract? So you now have 5 classes playing in any particular sport?

Maybe someone here smarter than me can answer these questions, I'm definitely not a college recruiter!

Lemond

I've only heard it talked about for seniors, so I'm really not sure, although I highly doubt she'd use it. Seems like the NCAA jumped the gun on this whole eligibility issue just to save face! I hate it for the seniors, I hate it even more for HS senior athletes, but.....it sucks for them, it sucks for me, and it sucks for you, guess what I'm trying to say this whole virus situation sucks for everyone, our world has changed!

As far as eligibility, what do you think the percentage of seniors returning would be? What does that do to the 3 classes behind them? What does this do to the upcoming recruited freshman class coming in? If the upcoming freshman have their NLI signed, isn't that basically a contract? So you now have 5 classes playing in any particular sport?

Maybe someone here smarter than me can answer these questions, I'm definitely not a college recruiter!
Arizona already had 3 (I think) of their 6 seniors say they'll be back, and that has pushed one of the juniors into seeking a transfer. So, that affects even another school, not to mention all the feeding high schools for what was touted as one of the top recruiting classes in the NCAA this year.

I think the % of seniors who opt to stay will widely vary by program, but overall, I expect it will be higher than many people had imagined.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Did she ask about her Pro1000 that you repossessed?
No, she's in anti-ball vacation mode right now! She's running and walking 5 to 7 miles a day and that's it. She's played what seems like a lifetime of very enjoyable, super competitive travel ball, college softball has been more of a 35 hour a week job!

As far as her glove, we brought back her beloved Pro206 yesterday, what a disgusting excuse of a glove, almost impossible to believe she's my kid! :rolleyes: But......she plays more ball than most of us all combined, I'll give her that!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
and that has pushed one of the juniors into seeking a transfer. So, that affects even another school, not to mention all the feeding high schools for what was touted as one of the top recruiting classes in the NCAA this year.
See that's the problem, by appeasing one class (seniors), there's going to be a ripple down effect that will involve the next 3, 4, 5 or more years?

Lemond

Like many things, I don't doubt that some of the NCAA rules that change from this will never go back to "normal."

MaverickAH

Any idea of what her prospects of starting or getting playing time as a freshman were going to be? It can be one of the toughest adjustments to make.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Any idea of what her prospects of starting or getting playing time as a freshman were going to be? It can be one of the toughest adjustments to make.
Some playing time, nowhere near enough though! She has all conference upperclassmen playing in front of her at SS and 2B. This freshman year was very hard, as in not a lot of fun! We’ll see?