J3A Reissue???

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
They've already reissued the J3A several times, just with new paint jobs. My J4 is every bit the ASA King as the J3 was.

Addicted to Softballfans
I would buy another 30oz J3A, I miss the one I had, no doubt about being a certified two-piece bomb dropper lol
I bought a 27oz but it cracked/split within 90 swings, skipped 28 and went straight for a 30 as a replacement. Best decision ever

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
No, not worth it since it's nothing but a paint job. I didn't think there was any tech change from the J3A forward

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
Not much experience with demarini only mercy but was the j3a the only juggy with paint seem issues or new ones too? If the reissue doesn't have the same paint issue then guaranteed to be a repaint??

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
You would think with the paint crack issues, it would just be something as simple as a reformulation of the paint, but instead they just roll with having the paint cracks. I don't get it

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
I mean they make or use a "flexible" paint for the plastic car bumpers to reduce the chance of paint cracking in a little fender bender. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch to do the same for a bat

itheshow

Addicted to Softballfans
Safe for 44 cor balls???? The og was def not ok with 44 cor balls at all, cracked within 50 -100 swings if you used them so how the FK can you now be ok to swing on the 44's if it is the same bat? Or is it just ok to spend your $300 to send in and replace it after 1bp session? I must not be the only one who is curious how Demarini can advertise it is the same exact bat and come back with this bs. I loved the j3 just hated replacing them all the time!

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Safe for 44 cor balls???? The og was def not ok with 44 cor balls at all, cracked within 50 -100 swings if you used them so how the FK can you now be ok to swing on the 44's if it is the same bat? Or is it just ok to spend your $300 to send in and replace it after 1bp session? I must not be the only one who is curious how Demarini can advertise it is the same exact bat and come back with this bs. I loved the j3 just hated replacing them all the time!

I have hit a 28 oz. J3A, 28 oz. J4 and a 27, 28 & 30 Oz J5 all with blue dots & ZN 47/450's with no issues at all.

itheshow

Addicted to Softballfans
28's and 30's were tanks and not as hot, Main problem was with the 26 and 27's

Last edited:

motoman125yz

Addicted to Softballfans
As a marketing plan they just broke the system, they will sell them all over night. Duplicate the bat that has been the go to bat to beat for ASA. And they tried to warp the Juggy with the OVL, I don't know too many guys who would swing that over any of the past year Juggys. The 16 swung way too balanced. 13=14=15 I'll agree but the J3A really turned heads that year. In my league it's the only 2013 bat you'll see still being used.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I don't think it was the go to bat...it was just overhyped IMO...i swung a few that my teammates had, and my 13' L4 was just as good...not saying they weren't good, they just weren't as good as people hyped em up to be...

I personally like the OG Flipper line...not a fan of the flexy feel..

As a marketing plan they just broke the system, they will sell them all over night. Duplicate the bat that has been the go to bat to beat for ASA. And they tried to warp the Juggy with the OVL, I don't know too many guys who would swing that over any of the past year Juggys. The 16 swung way too balanced. 13=14=15 I'll agree but the J3A really turned heads that year. In my league it's the only 2013 bat you'll see still being used.

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 30oz J3A and had no problem hitting .52.300; .44/375; .44/400; and even Stadium/Distance softballs and I had over 1,000 hits on it when I sold it. On the other hand, I had a 27oz J3A that broke or had the cracked seam in 90 hits with .52/300 ASA softballs.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
28's and 30's were tanks and not as hot, Main problem was with the 26 and 27's

The 28s and 30s were the j3u barrel cause they couldn't get those weights to pass ASA testing with the barrels used for the lighter weights . They were turds that were great for winter or hitting really hard balls

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter

I personally like the OVL because of the stiffer handle. I just wish they had kept the original Juggy along with the OVL for those who like the flexy handle