Jbv04 first base mitt

redwing24

A New Year for the Mets!!
Can someone please get me a pic of this glove with a 14" ball in it open and closed? I just bought a used one and want to know if i need to be selling it once I get it. Thanks

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Jbv04 won't be bad for a 14" ball, but the TJ is a vacuum. The one I used to have could put a softball in the pocket and another on top of it and still not stick out of the top. Almost unfair how big they play.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jbv04 won't be bad for a 14" ball, but the TJ is a vacuum. The one I used to have could put a softball in the pocket and another on top of it and still not stick out of the top. Almost unfair how big they play.

Is true, which is why I picked up another one :bigok:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have a used PJV04 LHT that has a web swap and some TJs, maybe even a 14" ball. I would think a JVB-SB would be a better mitt fir a 14" ball.

Big D

In the Batter's Box
I had the jvb-sb and really liked it. It was the best first base mitt I've ever had and I've had quite a few. I eventually got tired of carrying around 2 gloves and I picked up a custom Vinci TJ 1952 13.5. This glove is bigger then the first base mitt and 2orked great for first and other positions as well.

Last edited:

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
I used to use one. I switched to a 14" vinci outfielder glove and it scoops the balls so much better. The problem with softball mitts is they are very shallow.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
I used to use one. I switched to a 14" vinci outfielder glove and it scoops the balls so much better. The problem with softball mitts is they are very shallow.

I think youre wrong in this assessment. Softball gloves are designed for a larger ball and that would automatically mean a larger pocket for that ball.