JBV04 input?

Hagen49

Hey guys, I am looking at picking up a 1B specific glove in the near future, and was wondering if anyone had any input on the JBV04? Looks like a pretty solid set up and can be had at a reasonable cost, so I was wondering if anyone had any experiences good or bad with these bad boys? Thanks.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
I had one, and to this day regret getting rid of it. Best 1st base glove I've ever owned.
It was a Hoover scooping up low throws.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I RECOMEND THE JBV13 IT HAS A SOFTBALL SIZE POCKET AND IS NOT HUGE LIKE THE JBV-SB. THE JBV04 WILL WORK BUT, IT WAS MADE FOR BASEBALL.

Hagen49

How much bigger is the pocket on the 13 than the 04? The pix I am seeing of the black and white 04 look like it would be fine, especially at a 13 inch size, but I don't have one anywhere nearby to check one out.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have a lefty JBV04 and a RHT JBV13 on the way, can post side by side when its in. No JBV-SB though

Hagen49

So a quick update, just because I could very easily see someone looking for info about these gloves in the future. I ended up going with the JBV04 over the Rawlings HOH ColorSync black and silver. I got the glove broken in enough to feel comfortable playing in it for the 1st night of winter league. The conditioner that Vinci sends with their gloves definitely helps to soften the thing up and get it ready to play. The pocket is plenty deep for softball, and really has a good feel to it. I know it's not 100% broken in yet, but at this point I definitely feel like I went the right direction.