Jim-mer stick...How are they weighted/balanced??

Do they balance at approximately the same place as ...lets say a 27/28oz endloaded bat?
What do u guys use...the 3.5 or 5lb model. 5 seems awful heavy...

EKIM

I have a 5 and its pretty dang heavy. Balance point wise I'm unsure. I use it mostly for stretching. I'll take a few hacks at the beginning of BP but nothing crazy. I bet if I had the 3.5 I'd take more cuts with it.

I have a 5 and its pretty dang heavy. Balance point wise I'm unsure. I use it mostly for stretching. I'll take a few hacks at the beginning of BP but nothing crazy. I bet if I had the 3.5 I'd take more cuts with it.
Can u do me a favor and put it on some sort of table or counter edge and find out where the tipping/balance point is and take a measurement from the end to that spot?
I'm thinking a 3.5 would be best for me but just want to see how the balance is to a real bat...
Thanks

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's very balanced. I'll try and measure If i can remember. I have the 5 and it's very heavy. If you want t take a lot of swings of recommend the 3, but if you're mainly warming up, etc I'd go 5.

tonys1

I have both, don’t use the 5lbs anymore - I find it drops my bat speed by more than 50% and messes with my mechanics. The 3lbs is much more manageable for me anyway