Juggernaut "rattle" insight.......

mariniman

I Will Threaten To Hit U
as posted by DeMarini Jeff on the DeMarini heresay message boards....

DeMarini Jeff said:
The Juggernaut is constructed with a foam cylinder inside the barrel. Once in a while a piece of the foam breaks off and is free inside the barrel. It does not affect performance or durability it just makes a little noise. We are looking into ways of solving this.

LooseAsAGoose

Not Yet Banned
I have had two juggernauts, both had the loose foam but neither had/has a composite rattle.It is first composite bat I've had that cracked without ever rattling

dragfest_mo

Combat..... Gotta love it
alright then that answers my question. i knew that the foam is what was the noise but i didnt know if it had a limited life expectancy after it came undone.

mariniman

I Will Threaten To Hit U
here is another follow up from DeMarini Jeff by way of the DeMarini heresay message boards.

DeMarini Jeff said:
The rattle on the Juggernauts does not affect performance or durability.
If the rattle is a problem for you, we will repair the bat without it counting against your warranty.

Call DeMarini Customer Service: (800) 937-2287

all of this infor can be read for yourself here:http://hearsay.demarini.com/viewtopic.php?t=350

snacks

That is awesome! My juggy has a "sand" rattle, it sounds like one of those rainsticks. If I have any trouble from the umps of my ASA league, I'll have to look into this.

mizunoguy8

AKMF #1
I recently returned an evo for a juggy, and after about 50-100 hits, it is rattling terribly. The bat looks horrible to. probably 45 percent of the graphics are off of it. I haven't had it for more than 2 months, and no I can't use it in my league. It is a NR so am I just SOL? Let me know

mariniman

I Will Threaten To Hit U
I recently returned an evo for a juggy, and after about 50-100 hits, it is rattling terribly. The bat looks horrible to. probably 45 percent of the graphics are off of it. I haven't had it for more than 2 months, and no I can't use it in my league. It is a NR so am I just SOL? Let me know

here is another response from DeMarini Jeff from the DeMarini heresay message board regarding the question you are asking.

DeMarini Jeff said:
Yes, even if it is a NR bat.
Send it in and we will repair it.

Kabbie

Blue Jay
come on ross :)

my coach's juggy is opening up nicely..... i hit to left its a pop up, i hit to right its a bomb

mariniman

I Will Threaten To Hit U
ty mariniman. Do I need to call for an RA# like a normal return or what is the procedure on this one. Let me know

yes call and get an RA# explaining what's going on with the bat and mention that you read via the heresay message boards. as DeMarini Jeff stated, even a NR bat will be fixed.

Randomtask

Addicted to Softballfans
after rattle

After my small rattle chip sound, it started hitting like seven hundred and fifty five feet.:eek:

mariniman

I Will Threaten To Hit U
and more from the heresay message board.

DeMarini Jeff said:
The most common causes of "the rattle" are either a piece of foam breaking off or some of the adhesive used to attach the endcap ran down the inside of the barrel before drying and then "the drip" has come loose and is making noise. Neither of these conditions will affect performance.

tlize1

PASTAFARIAN
wow, no rattle here

Odd to hear about the foam rattle. We're still swinging a demo model that has god knows how many cuts w/ no rattle, does have a couple longitudinal cracks in the barrel though. W/ the right swing, that stick flat out rakes.

tony67

Can't even buy a hit!
i have a 28oz juggy and its ratteling where the white handle meets the bat and it feels like a piece of rubber. this bat hasnt been that great for me. if anyone is interested i will sell for $150 obo

Shaw

Keyboard Tough Guy ;)
i have a 28oz juggy and its ratteling where the white handle meets the bat and it feels like a piece of rubber. this bat hasnt been that great for me. if anyone is interested i will sell for $150 obo

Wow... I'm sold...

tripp

Support SBF
i have a 28oz juggy and its ratteling where the white handle meets the bat and it feels like a piece of rubber.
my buddy has one that is like this...

Everyone mentions the rattle but this is the first I've seen the rubber sound being mentioned...

Is this the same thing?

I'm trying to be a smart n00b to the boards and i used the search feature to find this thread...

trip

stfu
i have an RD that just started to get a rattle. i got it in return for a juggernaut (that was about a month old) about a month ago and the RD only two games old. if an umpire picks it up and shakes it I will be up S creek. can i send it in? i don't really care what i get back as long as it's a composite.

snacks

i have an RD that just started to get a rattle. i got it in return for a juggernaut (that was about a month old) about a month ago and the RD only two games old. if an umpire picks it up and shakes it I will be up S creek. can i send it in? i don't really care what i get back as long as it's a composite.

You shouldn't have to get a new bat......this thread is about having Demarini open up the bat and dump out the loose material, not counting against your return.

trip

stfu
that'd be perfect. i've got a the one in the mail due here tomorrow. can do without the hailed RD for awhile if they can possibly fix it.

Puttersea

Addicted to Softballfans
Why are the umps throwing out the bats with a rattle? Don't the Mikens sometime do this to? What about the clicking sound that the SCN9's make. Seems to me if the umps start throwing the juggys out they will some other bats they will have to throw out as well.

So, if you send it to them I wonder if they do something to it to prevent it from rattling in the future. It would get expensive to have to send in a bat at $15. a pop.

snacks

Why are the umps throwing out the bats with a rattle? Don't the Mikens sometime do this to? What about the clicking sound that the SCN9's make. Seems to me if the umps start throwing the juggys out they will some other bats they will have to throw out as well.

So, if you send it to them I wonder if they do something to it to prevent it from rattling in the future. It would get expensive to have to send in a bat at $15. a pop.

Its in the rule book that a very well worn bat should not be allowed to be used. I forget the actual wording but its not just Juggy's that are subject to this.

seiter1986

Star Player
i had a bud send my 09 demarini flame in cuz it blew up after bout 400 hits and he gave me another one said that was my return is that correct?

frank_the_tank

The Veteran
Why cant I get help on my Demarini juggernaut return.. No one has contacted me after filling out the form on the website!! I am so Pissed right now it has been like 2 weeks since I sent the notification into them!!