Juggernaut "rattle" insight.......

dgambill85

Banned User
Mine sounds like a sand bag is busted in side and i'm hitting monster shots with it, please believe that i will be stocking up on this bats, love the flex and just love the bat will never swing anything else

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
is anyone else troubled about getting back your Juggy with a brand new end cap? Mine has the foam rattle (which doesn't really bug me) but i thought about having it cleaned out, but the last thing i want is to have an end cap that looks suspect. Thoughts?
Rub it in some dirt, to make it look old.... problem solved.

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
No more repairs on Juggernauts... just got off the line with DeMarini customer support and the the rep explained that they have run out of caps and are no longer offering repairs on them... this makes me very angry... I now have 2 juggies with a bad rattle and they will both get tossed when the umps look at them :mad:

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
No more repairs on Juggernauts... just got off the line with DeMarini customer support and the the rep explained that they have run out of caps and are no longer offering repairs on them... this makes me very angry... I now have 2 juggies with a bad rattle and they will both get tossed when the umps look at them :mad:
yup. That is messed up.:mad: I guess we need to turn to bat docs to get the rattle out.....

luk319

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got a juggy (2nd batch) off the boards, still feels stiff had 500 when i got it and put about 100 sense i got it. how long will it take for my rattle come around?

Brian#29

That Guy!
Can the umps really toss a Juggy just because it has a rattle? if so whats the rule on that?

It's a newer ASA rule....If a bat has an audible rattle it can be removed from play. Had this happen a few weeks ago in league, they haven't ck'd bats the past two years and this ump decides to ck em with 2 games left in the season......WTF

julsflex22

Addicted to Softballfans
Juice

What about these I just picked one up and it rattles like crazy is it anything to worie about? Do these have the foam in them also?

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes. The rattle is the glue used to hold foam in place.Two og J2's I bought niw got rattle within 10 cuts. Excess glue breaks loose amd sounds bad but nothing to worry about.

aern2005

my juggy

I have an OG juggy and that I bought online about 3yrs ago. Hit with it a few times and didnt like it much so it sat in my garage. I brought it out as a team bat about 2 years ago and all the girls and smaller guys loves it cause it would hit solid liners. About the end of last year it started to rattle. I was interested since some say thats when u know shes ready. Started swinging it and HOLY $#!&!!!! This is my gamer now luv the juggy and her rattle. Should I get the foam removed?

OnlySolo

You mad?
I have an OG juggy and that I bought online about 3yrs ago. Hit with it a few times and didnt like it much so it sat in my garage. I brought it out as a team bat about 2 years ago and all the girls and smaller guys loves it cause it would hit solid liners. About the end of last year it started to rattle. I was interested since some say thats when u know shes ready. Started swinging it and HOLY $#!&!!!! This is my gamer now luv the juggy and her rattle. Should I get the foam removed?

You want to alter the bat?

aern2005

I think it hits great as is but just wondering if removing the excess would make it better or ruin it....is it worth the trouble?:confused:

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I think it hits great as is but just wondering if removing the excess would make it better or ruin it....is it worth the trouble?:confused:
i was going to say: removing the endcap to remove the rattle results in a bat that should not be used in sanctioned play (now altered). but, an umpire can toss the bat because of the rattle anyway. so, it's not about keeping the bat "legal." it's about not intentionally altering the bat.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
I had the foam removed from mine, so it would't get tossed cause it was loud. Now it has developed a composite pebble rattle, lol. Oh well.....

Leader15

The Ringleader
I'll be the first here to admit that I am taking the stupid POS foam out and while I am in there this bat WILL lose an ounce!