For Sale/Trade June Horween Limited BH34 13" Has Arrived

houli

UPS man got here last night and she's a beaut! I got 1 of 99 which is pretty cool. This is my first horween glove so have no experience breaking this stiff leather in ...... what are the dos and don'ts? A friend suggested the steamer at ****s but don't want to do anything without hitting you guys up.

Thanks in advance.

Ip2XvmM.jpg

So07ePS.jpg

fLjiEEs.jpg

Ryan

ShortYellowBus

UPS man got here last night and she's a beaut! I got 1 of 99 which is pretty cool. This is my first horween glove so have no experience breaking this stiff leather in ...... what are the dos and don'ts? A friend suggested the steamer at ****s but don't want to do anything without hitting you guys up.

Thanks in advance.

Ip2XvmM.jpg

So07ePS.jpg

fLjiEEs.jpg

Ryan
Just play catch.

It’s a 13” glove. It breaks in quick. After a couple hard throws, you’ll be able to close it all the way.

I recommend only catch, nothing else.

houli

Thanks @ShortYellowBus. I have some Nokona NLT glove conditioner I used on my last glove. Was thinking of using a small amount of that on some of the key areas but will hold off for now.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Thanks @ShortYellowBus. I have some Nokona NLT glove conditioner I used on my last glove. Was thinking of using a small amount of that on some of the key areas but will hold off for now.
I would put some conditioner on your hand and put the glove on and massage the liner a bit, it protects the leather from cracking due to sweat. I also put some on the binding and pocket. Been doing this for a few years and none of my leather has cracked since.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Just play catch.

It’s a 13” glove. It breaks in quick. After a couple hard throws, you’ll be able to close it all the way.

I recommend only catch, nothing else.
This right here! Larger gloves move more easily right out of the box much easier than smaller gloves, just play catch! If you live in a very hot humid area and have hands that sweat a lot, NYC also has a great suggestion! I personally would break it in just as it is, and when it starts showing signs of getting dry, condition it and seal up the palm liner and binding like NYC said.

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this Horween version heavier than the Rawlings production BH34? What is the advantage in getting the all Horween version?

Party mafia

Is this Horween version heavier than the Rawlings production BH34? What is the advantage in getting the all Horween version?
Yes the horween leather will be heavier than the retail Rawlings bh34. The advantage in getting all horween bh34 is that it will last you a lifetime if you take care of the leather and only 99 of the horween bh34 is made, once they're gone, they are gone for good.

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
In looking at the posted weight differences between the bh34 and horween version, I may opt for the bh34.....

On Rawlings custom website they list a bh34 pattern and a 3030 pattern. If they are actually the same pattern, why are they listed separately?

ThatWebGuy

Mine arrived today and I'm speechless. The horween leather is noticeably better than traditional HOH - and considerably stiffer. Thanks for making these available.

Ohh, and landed a great number - not my jersey number but can name a few greats. :)

Attachments

• 20200327_133436.jpg
    20200327_133436.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200327_133443.jpg
    20200327_133443.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200327_133448.jpg
    20200327_133448.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

I don’t know if this is helpful; probably not.

I held the BH34 next to the A2000 1799 and the BH34 was a lot bigger. I thought it was too big, so I sat on it for a while and traded it eventually.

I personally think it’s too big.

Reactions: NYC

tonys1

Used a lace and measured with a tape measure:

Index to middle of heel straight line: 11 1/4
Index to middle of heel where lace molds to the form of the glove: 13 1/4

Thumb to pinky straight line: 6 1/2
Thumb to pinky where lace molds to the form of the glove: 12 1/2

@EKIM - hand stall is huge IMO. I don't have the biggest hands, TIP is no problem for me. Three in pinky is possible but tight.

Hope that helps

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Index to middle of heel where lace molds to the form of the glove: 13 1/4

that's the measurement people are usually after just for future reference