Buyer Beware KcCornhead

Jbird11

EDIT: This deal has been resolved...

First of all, this is the first and only bad deal I've ever come across on this Forum, and I really, really wanted to fix this without having to post this, but after NUMEROUS attempts to correct this deal privately, I'm going forward with this NOT GTG FEEDBACK for KcCornhead.

Our deal originated when I posted this OG Freak for trade on 12/19/09: http://forums.softballfans.com/showpost.php?p=9870353&postcount=1

On 12/21/09, he PM'd this:
KcCornhead said:
o8 asa reaper some paint cracks nothing structural very hott with recipt so you get 2 bats for one

Diving deeper into the history of the bat, I asked if it was altered, and he said no:
KcCornhead said:
Jbird11 said:
How long is the reciept good for? Has this thing been altered at all? I don't wanna be suprised
no they have tamper proof endcaps on them..it can be done but hard work..it is good till July but probably has about 400-500 swings left on it in all honesty. youll break it pretty close to the return date

Nathan had asked me if it would be ok to wait until after Christmas,to try and avoid any shipping delays or anything like that, which I agreed to On 12/29/09, this PM exchange took place.
KcCornhead said:
ups

1Z6317890399006777

Jbird11 said:
Yep... I'll head to the PO as soon as you send me the Del Conf of yours

KcCornhead said:
yeah are you ready to ship today?

Jbird11 said:
How are we sitting on the Reaper for OG Freak trade? I think shipping should be ok now that Christmas is done...

KcCornhead said:
nathan Miller
6211 ne 119th terr
kansas city, Mo 64156

Jbird11 said:
K, lets do it...

Ship to:
Jason Reisdorfer
4617 S. Samantha Dr.
Sioux Falls, SD 57106

The problem was, he had only electronically submitted a shipping invoice to UPS, but never actually shipped it...so even though he gave me the # on 12/29, the package didn't come until 1/08/09

Tracking Number:
1Z6317890399006777
Delivered
UPS has delivered the shipment.
Delivered On:
01/08/2010 2:37 P.M.

The next issue was that this bat had clearly been altered (bad roll job which led to 2 stress cracks exactly across from each other) AND he didn't include the receipt that he had promised in the deal. He had originally described them as "paint cracks, nothing structural"
dsc01779n.jpg

dsc01778a.jpg

After several PM's he finally responded to me on 1/19/10:
KcCornhead said:
Jbird11 said:
KcCornhead said:
sorry been out of town its laying here and will mail it out.

Got the mail again today, and still no receipt. What's the story here. You sent me a bat that will obviously crack very soon, and you admitted that it only has 4-500 hits left on it, and the major part of the deal was that you had a valid receipt good through June...

...and now you aren't sending it. It's been 7 days since your last PM that said you will send it out. I don't think it's fair that you aren't getting this matter resolved in a timely fashion... do you?

no, your right its not, some crazy **** has gone down here at work, it got buried on my desk, out of sight out of mind. I have never had anything remotely close to this ever on a deal. Mail is gone today i have taped it to my monitor so it goes out tomorrow.

So... several days later--after he says the receipt was returned to him for putting the wrong address on the envelope (yeah right), the "receipt" shows up, and it is a photo copy of a blank invoice, and it was hand written in blue ink for the Reaper and the date and whatever else... I didn't think it would pass as a valid receipt for a return, and I wasn't even sure Rip It would return it since it was clearly rolled. I asked him to just trade our bats back. He called me ignorant and said I didn't know anything about returning bats but ON 2/1/10, he said he had shipped my bat back and included a return label.

KcCornhead said:
I have included a return shipping label all you have to do is attach it and drop at a UPS pick up site

And...
That's the last I've heard from him, on 2/1/10. I've sent a PM every couple days, but he stopped responding. I see that he's still active on the boards, and has been making offers and doing deals and posting, but he has not fixed this deal with me.

I know this is really long, but I just wanted to provide as much info as possible on this thing. I hope I'm not being the prick here, but I don't this Nathan has lived up to his end of the bargain on several fronts.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
so you haven't received your bat back? not gtg

by the way, nice post. you made everything very clear and easy to understand ;)

mihklo

sorry to hear bro. sucks that there are people like this on here that screw it up for the truly GTG people on here. hopefully there is someone on here that can help you get this resolved.

Jbird11

so you haven't received your bat back? not gtg

by the way, nice post. you made everything very clear and easy to understand ;)

No, I haven't got my original bat back... and he stopped responding to my PMs on Feb 1st.

Do you guys think it's out of line to ask for my original shipping $ back as well as my OG bat to make this thing right?

Jbird11

ive met nate in person a few times, seems like a really gtg dude...I will pm you with some info

I know... he's got a ton of great feedback and of all his past dealings... I think he's been very GTG, which is why I think it's weird he'd be doing this with our deal.

I think you'd have to admit though, he tried to pull a fast one on trading the Reaper with cracks like that, and pass them off as "Paint cracks" or whatever...

stump23

Addicted to Softballfans
I know nate very well and he travels for work 3-5 days a week. A lot of the posts he does on the boards are from his phone which you can not get to the PM's on. NATE WILL NOT SCREW YOU OVER. Bottom line if you cant get an answer from Nate feel free to email me and Ill call him for you. [email protected]

JoeG3

Doesnt matter, had sex
is there pictures of said bats or is my work just blocking them?

Yes. Link to OG freak pics and actual pics of cracked Reaper. I've seen it myself as well. Both bats.

I just hope the freak comes back in the same condition it left in. This is a sad deal.

Jbird11

An update....

some of his friends on here put me in touch with his local message boards, and I've made contact. He said my OG bat was shipped back, and he would be crediting the $15 shipping I paid the first time. TY to USMC for getting the ball rolling...

Will report the progress as I get new info.

KcCornhead

no one helped track it down or get it back. i shipped it Wednesday on my way through Kc, from one business trip to another..with no help of anyone but my timing from work. no one said anything to me till today outside of JBird. . i can show the reciept for the shipping label from UPS.com i purchased it back at the first of February, i went on a work hiatus wasnt in town and responded to all PMs except the last one from last week and i didnt see it till today... i cant get on SBF from my phone only my local board. the only PM i got since then was last week. and as soon as i got back to KC Wednesday i shipped with a return paid UPS label in the box. the bat should have arrived TODAY. i sent him his $15 paypal for original shipping. i am usually right on top of this, but in this economy work comes first, and that's what i was doing. its not the middle of the season, the bat wasn't waiting to be used, i could have been more on top of it, i agree, but ask around, I'm not a dishonest guy, and the local board here in Kansas, that Primo is a moderator, and original creator (so ask around), i have a good honest, helpful, *******, reputation. this is done and has been resolved. this will be my only response.

JoeG3

Doesnt matter, had sex
no one helped track it down or get it back. i shipped it Wednesday on my way through Kc, from one business trip to another..with no help of anyone but my timing from work. no one said anything to me till today outside of JBird. . i can show the reciept for the shipping label from UPS.com i purchased it back at the first of February, i went on a work hiatus wasnt in town and responded to all PMs except the last one from last week and i didnt see it till today... i cant get on SBF from my phone only my local board. the only PM i got since then was last week. and as soon as i got back to KC Wednesday i shipped with a return paid UPS label in the box. the bat should have arrived TODAY. i sent him his $15 paypal for original shipping. i am usually right on top of this, but in this economy work comes first, and that's what i was doing. its not the middle of the season, the bat wasn't waiting to be used, i could have been more on top of it, i agree, but ask around, I'm not a dishonest guy, and the local board here in Kansas, that Primo is a moderator, and original creator (so ask around), i have a good honest, helpful, *******, reputation. this is done and has been resolved. this will be my only response.

Hope he comes through!

ttt for an update.

Last edited:

Jbird11

KC has shipped my OG bat back and indeed credited my PP with $15 for the original shipping fees I incurred.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Good job by cornhead getting this resolved; Jbird- you should update your original post, as well as the amend the NGTG to something less negative.

Cornhead- I know I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't necessarily belong, but it might be a good idea to trade phone numbers with the person you're dealing with next time, especially given the traveling nature of your job.