ASA Keeping a book

Piffd

Is it mandatory for a Site Director, League Director, etc. to keep a book during the game?

In every league I've played in someone has been there to keep a book, except in the league I currently play in. One of the two guys that occasionally officiates does keep a book, but the older, more aloof guy does not.

The reason I ask, is that we had an illegal player challenge the other day in a championship game (players must have played w/ team for 5 games) and the other team brought in a couple ringers that I knew from tourney ball. We filed a challenge at the beginning, but at the end the ump told us that we might as well save our money b/c there would be no way to prove/disprove since the main SD doesn't keep a book.

Besides being ****ed up, is this a requirement? If not, how can they enforce rules like that?

Bukethead32

Happy meal TWINS....
The line up cards from the games is how they keep track. On the reverse side of the cards is where they keep score. That is how they know who has played. Did you get the illegal players info? You should be able to match it up that way.

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
Is it required? No. You never have someone from the league keeping an official book in league around here.

How can they enforce those rules? Lineup cards maybe, otherwise I don't know how they can.

Piffd

The line up cards from the games is how they keep track. On the reverse side of the cards is where they keep score. That is how they know who has played. Did you get the illegal players info? You should be able to match it up that way.

Is it required? No. You never have someone from the league keeping an official book in league around here.

How can they enforce those rules? Lineup cards maybe, otherwise I don't know how they can.

That's what I was getting at, not necessarily an official scorebook per se but a record of the score and such that they would keep in case of challenges. Except, a) I found out that the lineup cards go directly in the trash at the end of the game, and b) This guy doesn't even keep score using the ****ing lineup cards! :mad: He thinks he can keep track of the score in his head, despite the fact that we have to remind him multiple times through the game what the actual score is.

I know we're SOL, but I'm about to file an official complaint with the city b/c I'm tired of the screw-ups around here.