ASA Last night

StickCollector

I do agree that you should get your league director involved. They should also be looking out for player safety, they would also have to shoulder responsibility if a player were to get injured by a bat that should not be used in your league.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Guy at 1st starts Yapping comes off the bag and starts a Big argument with 1st 2nd and 1st husband plays outfield so he comes in...

So... is this a gay league, or a coed league? Not judging, just curious.

The OP is that guy who got cut in HS baseball but tries hard in coed. Bet on it.

with that flat bill, no doubt about it

$5 says he has a tattoo of his number

#69, cargo shorts with high socks, eyeblack for night games, etc.

JabNblue

2nd week in a row illegal Bats being used at Mesa Marin Ballpark in Bakersfield Ca, can we get a True ASA person out there my lord someone is going to Get Killed.

We started the game telling the Umpire that The Bats the other team were Using were Senior League Bats. Dudley Lightenings they said as long as has ASA stamp its good.... senior bats have no ASA stamp. Flashforward inning 5 guy takes off from 1st for 2nd in a NoLeadoff league. Guy takes the pitch ump says just go back to first where as he should Be out as its happened to us Before. Now Bottom 6 we are up by 1 with Bases loaded and our Pitcher takes Comebacker #8 catches it 2 outs. Guy at 1st starts Yapping comes off the bag and starts a Big argument with 1st 2nd and 1st husband plays outfield so he comes in ump doesnt do anything to break up fight.... and ends the Game in a 17-16 tie with the team who cheated claiming never to swing seniors yet never showing their bats. Like hitting middle is 1 thing but 2 line drives at your pitcher every inning with a Senior Bat WTF can we get an ASA represenative. And This is No Outlaw League
Tie????? And sounds to me like this umpire is on the take, an idiot, crack head... unless it's an all senior league senior bats not allowed. I think a UIC. and league director needs to meet on this.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
Tie????? And sounds to me like this umpire is on the take, an idiot, crack head... unless it's an all senior league senior bats not allowed. I think a UIC. and league director needs to meet on this.

I blame the OP for this reply

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
I am an ASA rep. I spoke with my California area colleagues about the issue you have brought up and they have agreed to send someone out for your next league game.

LIKEUCM

Does your league have a bat inspection process to compression test bats for play? If the bat has an approved ASA certification mark, and therefore is on the approved list for ASA/USA, and is not found on the banned bat list, all you can do is protest the game, and have the league check the bat to see if it complies with the compression standards for that bat. As a UIC for USA Softball, I would not just show up at a field for a league and put myself into this situation. If the league is sanctioned by USA Softball you should have proper chanels to follow to address this situation. The safety of the all participants should always be the top priority for all associations.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
I still haven't seen a response where you've spoken with the League Director or your UIC about the issue. Complaining to the umpire who's already told you "No" obviously didn't fix the situation. Go over his head, not to an internet forum to address the issue.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
I still haven't seen the OP edit and properly format his post to reflect actually asking a question

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
in ASA leagues here the older guys/ladies can use senior sticks in any game, but they have to be older than 50. if you saw senior bats maybe they had senior age players?

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
2nd week in a row illegal Bats being used at Mesa Marin Ballpark in Bakersfield Ca, can we get a True ASA person out there my lord someone is going to Get Killed.

We started the game telling the Umpire that The Bats the other team were Using were Senior League Bats. Dudley Lightenings they said as long as has ASA stamp its good.... senior bats have no ASA stamp. Flashforward inning 5 guy takes off from 1st for 2nd in a NoLeadoff league. Guy takes the pitch ump says just go back to first where as he should Be out as its happened to us Before. Now Bottom 6 we are up by 1 with Bases loaded and our Pitcher takes Comebacker #8 catches it 2 outs. Guy at 1st starts Yapping comes off the bag and starts a Big argument with 1st 2nd and 1st husband plays outfield so he comes in ump doesnt do anything to break up fight.... and ends the Game in a 17-16 tie with the team who cheated claiming never to swing seniors yet never showing their bats. Like hitting middle is 1 thing but 2 line drives at your pitcher every inning with a Senior Bat WTF can we get an ASA represenative. And This is No Outlaw League
The answer to your question is "NO"
You are never going to get an ASA representative out to your league games. Not going to happen.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
in ASA leagues here the older guys/ladies can use senior sticks in any game, but they have to be older than 50. if you saw senior bats maybe they had senior age players?
That would be your local league rule. Not a standard ASA rule.