league fees question

-Six-

Weiner
Ive been on a team that did this very same thing. But it went to a "team" bat. that just went into the managers bag. Everyone swung my sticks all year.

addicted2bats

there is literally nothing "extra" provided with those league fees.

no team bat, no drinks, no bbq, no nothing. Just show up once a week and play ball and thats it.

TheJackal666

Silence....I keel you
We paid $52 each (12 players) for 12 games (Summer) including umps and balls in one league (Wednesdays) and are fully sponsored in another (Sundays). I know what the fees are and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay extra because some guys on the team may not pay. If the manager can't be straight with you about where the money's going, find another team. Better yet, sub for a while and get to know some of the other players. You never know, you could get on a fully sponsored team.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
How are you able to play on two teams in the same league? That's not allowed in either league I play in.

Also, some folks itt can't read or choose not to read. It's a flat $770 for the league plus balls. As the OP has stated, no frills, no extras, no sponsorship difference, no nothing. It's 770 plus balls for every team. One team charges $65. The other team charges $100. Unless there is only 8 players on that team, the team manager needs to answer for why the cost is an additional $35 per person.

qwertle8

Addicted to Softballfans
You all have some high league fees. We pay $375 for a 10 game season. Ump fee is included in the 375. We supply our own softballs. Sucks that a league would make out of town people pay and extra 20. Maybe our fees are cheaper since the city owns and maintains the fields.

You are lucky, most of my leagues out here north of Seattle are about $700 for 10 games and playoffs. But in Seattle itself they tend to run around $950 and there is even one in the heart of downtown that's $1100 for just a 6 game season. Almost all the cheap leagues are down south of Seattle or weekend very very rec leagues.

johnny2722

Addicted to Softballfans
I've managed our team for years and have never ripped anyone off, hell I don't even collect player fees the guys just go pay their own I just drop off the sponsor check.

I think our fees are pretty reasonable as well here's our league flyer