League is switching to GSL this year....bats are changing

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
The league I've played in for about 12 years is switching from ASA to GSL this year.....they are going to allow any ASA bat this is not banned to be used on most league nights and are going to phase out ASA bats all together in the summer of 2017 or 2018....local tournaments will be straight up GSL and will require a Utrip bat with the new thumprint....I'm going against buying an ASA bat all together for even this year I think, I've never played any association but ASA so I know nothing about Utrip bats....here are the balls that would be used

League nights- 52/275
Premier League night- 40/325
Tournaments- 40/325

Are all new thumbprint Utrip bats designed to hit these balls?? I've read that Miken/Worth are the way to go but fragile as hell...I'm not interested in overpaying for some exclusive bat that one of these places have put out, just need something that will survive 1-2 league nights and the very occasional tournament...

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Most bats these days are fragile when it comes to worth,miken and combat but you shouldn't have any problems with early breaking bc of the low compression balls you're hitting.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
Bats are made primarily to be used with Classic Plus and Classic M balls. If you get a Miken/Worth, don't beat it to death and you'll be fine. Put 50-75 swings on it and then game swings only.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Get a 2012 easton utrip. There all good and durable. You can drag it behind your car to every game and hit any ball in any weather. 100w and 100h are most popular and cost a little more but worth it.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Get the clearance Easton bats they are less than $100 and get the job done. Right now I'm swinging the 15 Wegman and it is very underrated for a $79 NIW bat. Miken and Worth are great too but a little fragile to justify the price.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Most bats these days are fragile when it comes to worth,miken and combat but you shouldn't have any problems with early breaking bc of the low compression balls you're hitting.

In the cool weather the Classic M's will bust any bat if you hit hard.

Bats are made primarily to be used with Classic Plus and Classic M balls. If you get a Miken/Worth, don't beat it to death and you'll be fine. Put 50-75 swings on it and then game swings only.

They referred to the 40/325 as "rocks"......not sure what brand they will be, I'm assuming whatever is cheapest

Get a 2012 easton utrip. There all good and durable. You can drag it behind your car to every game and hit any ball in any weather. 100w and 100h are most popular and cost a little more but worth it.

either of those a 2 piece and do they have the thumbprint stamp?

Get the clearance Easton bats they are less than $100 and get the job done. Right now I'm swinging the 15 Wegman and it is very underrated for a $79 NIW bat. Miken and Worth are great too but a little fragile to justify the price.

are those clearance bats here on sbf?

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Plenty of Worths and Mikens in my church league with Utrip bats & Classic M's. I used a Z2000 all summer and finally broke it in the fall (40° out). You're probably good to go with anything for a few league games a week, but they're all crapshoots with Classic M's and cool nights.

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
40/325 are the normal Classic M balls. The 52/275's are Classic Plus and when it gets hot, they turn into a pillow.

You'd be fine with any Worth/Miken with either of these balls.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Plenty of Worths and Mikens in my church league with Utrip bats & Classic M's. I used a Z2000 all summer and finally broke it in the fall (40° out). You're probably good to go with anything for a few league games a week, but they're all crapshoots with Classic M's and cool nights.

40/325 are the normal Classic M balls. The 52/275's are Classic Plus and when it gets hot, they turn into a pillow.

Good info, thanks guys

Z1k05

Star Player

Classic ms turn into pillows, 52/275s stay somewhat consistent given varied temps