Legacy bat company

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
new bat company about to get their certs for asa. Our team played in their supplies bat tourney yesterday and ... Eesh my God.

Balls were flying everywhere with 52s. Borderline right out of the wrapper. Definitely need to keep an eye out for when they drop.

I’ll update as I hear stuff as he’s a local guy. He’s already sent it in for final pass on specs though.,

ShortYellowBus

new bat company about to get their certs for asa. Our team played in their supplies bat tourney yesterday and ... Eesh my God.

Balls were flying everywhere with 52s. Borderline right out of the wrapper. Definitely need to keep an eye out for when they drop.

I’ll update as I hear stuff as he’s a local guy. He’s already sent it in for final pass on specs though.,
PayPal ready.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
So I spoke to Anthony the owner... they have been green lit for an asa stamp in the new year.

Usssa stamp has not been approved yet and with the stamp change could be delayed until July for the new stamp.

Country469

the only thing that matters is the price point now. At this point all bat manufs have figured out how to get as close to standard as needed. There is literally zero new breakout bats or any kind of better performance coming.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
the only thing that matters is the price point now. At this point all bat manufs have figured out how to get as close to standard as needed. There is literally zero new breakout bats or any kind of better performance coming.

I agree with that. Not sure what price point is going to be. I’ve asked and I’m not even sure he really knows yet. I think he’s going to offer a returnable and non returnable price.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Some bats "feel" better for some than others. Weighting, handle flex, barrel on contact feel, knob size. That stuff matters.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
That and some managuctures could still improve durability while keeping performance high.
Unfortunately these days are far behind us cuz everyone was/is asking for instant gratification so they now make crap that fails comp/breaks way too soon, then the ones that asked for it complain about it :confused: :rolleyes:.. what is that crap really worth so what if it hits lazers bombs or whatever instantly I'd rather not have to buy a new bat every couple of months

I'm glad i have enough older good stuff that can easily last me the rest of my softball days

Last edited:

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
Hope he’ll have good customer service.

he’s a really nice and good guy... I would imagine there’s going to be some hiccups with order fulfillment etc while he figures out what he’s doing but he’s a good dude.

I doubt it will be any cool names and paint schemes ... santa will not be making appearances ... his testing is in 2 Friday’s... so we shall see.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
He’s headed out Monday for the test. He has 3 bats to let guys try out. If some of you that I’ve dealt with before are interested (and they pass) we can work it out to get them in some guys hands for a review.

BBiskis

Been a minute, but is there an update on this? A lot of new companies entering the USSSA space, would suck to lose out on a new ASA competitor.