Lightest 12.75" glove?

GTIDUDE

Star Player
I'm asking for a teammate. Is the 303 Rawlings hyper shell the lightest glove made? Or is the Wilson 1799 super skin lighter? My buddy complains that the factory sp125, 1799 and 12.25" custom pro1000 was too heavy. Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance.

ShortYellowBus

I feel like the 1799 SS is the lightest.

I wouldn’t consider the sp125 heavy, but there’s always factory and material tolerances that are going the to affect the end product. Sometimes two gloves that are the same aren’t exactly the same. Laces aren’t the same. Hides aren’t the same. Stuff like that makes a difference.

If you’re looking at Rawlings perhaps a mesh option might suit your teammates needs.

GTIDUDE

Star Player
Was the Rawlings mesh lighter then the hyper shell? Yeah it's don't think the gloves he said were heavy are heavy either. He's just always used this old easton 12.25" from high school which he has since shaped into 11.25". He plays outfield and I feel that some errors were made due to the size of his glove. I'm Just trying to help him and the team out. Lol

ShortYellowBus

Was the Rawlings mesh lighter then the hyper shell? Yeah it's don't think the gloves he said were heavy are heavy either. He's just always used this old easton 12.25" from high school which he has since shaped into 11.25". He plays outfield and I feel that some errors were made due to the size of his glove. I'm Just trying to help him and the team out. Lol
Baseball gloves sometimes don’t work with 12” softballs. If they’re too broken in for a baseball, that softball doesn’t sit flush in the smaller pocket, and it takes extra effort to secure it.

Ive seen a lot of minor league experience dudes drop fly balls with their broken in baseball gloves. A switch has been the fix for my guys. I don’t even try to use the old baseball glove from high school, because when I started softball I dropped a few balls in the first game I played in.

I never went back after that.