Lime Crush!

Hiltz

Built for comfort
QOVpy4F.jpg

Posted today on Mizuno Canada's FB page.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to try one, but never saw them around. They sound really good. I wouldn't have minded them staying with their nr pricing though.

CanadianClint

I wanted to try one, but never saw them around. They sound really good. I wouldn't have minded them staying with their nr pricing though.
With the exchange rate it's a good time to look cross border. The 18s are awesome [GALLERY=media, 31740]2018 Lineup by CanadianClint posted Oct 6, 2018 at 9:46 AM[/GALLERY]

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Happy I bought this years. Not much of a difference but I prefer 12" barrels, sick looking bats though

I know the 2018's say 12" barrel but they look longer to me. Same as the Nighthawks; labelled as 13" barrel but they compare to 14" barrel Mikens.

With the exchange rate it's a good time to look cross border. The 18s are awesome

They are awesome, and they were still outsold big-time by Worth, Miken, and Easton. There are still tonnes on the racks around here. Hopefully they go dirt cheap on clearance once the new models drop, I'll be waiting.

CanadianClint

I know the 2018's say 12" barrel but they look longer to me. Same as the Nighthawks; labelled as 13" barrel but they compare to 14" barrel Mikens.
Already on clearance up here for 199.99 .- 229.99. so about 140 US. I know the Nighthawks seemed longer but compared to my Baker and HB they are 12 inches from the onyx cuff up.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I'm waiting for "dead of February, good ol' days Easton-style" clearance. ;)

Local place has them for $197 right now and they have 20+ on the rack. Last winter I got a NIW Mamba from them for $60, I'm hoping there's a repeat performance.

CanadianClint

Already on clearance up here for 199.99 .- 229.99. so about 140 US. I know the Nighthawks seemed longer but compared to my Baker and HB

They are awesome, and they were still outsold big-time by Worth, Miken, and Easton. There are still tonnes on the racks around here. Hopefully they go dirt cheap on clearance once the new models drop, I'll be waiting.
I'm waiting for "dead of February, good ol' days Easton-style" clearance. ;)

Local place has them for $197 right now and they have 20+ on the rack. Last winter I got a NIW Mamba from them for $60, I'm hoping there's a repeat performance.

Damn, I use to before I was paying .34 on the dollar. Wait for end of year deals on SBF because even with the exchange it was cheaper. Im just happy to have them, these new crushes are both hotter and better feeling than the NH. My balanced tester out of the wrapper at 275 and right now she's at 236 after about 500 cuts. Around 150 it dropped to 250ish and now it's just gas.

AmishFusion

Addicted to Softballfans
How do the crush compare to others? Fail fast? durable? cant recall seeing any this year in the area.

nickham10

John Deere
The crushes are just as hot as anything else out there, just may take a few more swings to break in. I feel like they are more durable and hold compression better than a lot of other stuff out there.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
They definitely hold compression longer. From 50 hits its gross. Used it with Hot Dots with less than 50 hits and still put a couple 380+ ft. They don't have the same gunshot sound as other bats but you can feel the trampoline effect even as a 2-piece. Stiffer connection than most. My balanced had 1000+ hot dots hits and was still sticking around 250 for compression

CanadianClint

They definitely hold compression longer. From 50 hits its gross. Used it with Hot Dots with less than 50 hits and still put a couple 380+ ft. They don't have the same gunshot sound as other bats but you can feel the trampoline effect even as a 2-piece. Stiffer connection than most. My balanced had 1000+ hot dots hits and was still sticking around 250 for compression

Broke mine in with .44/400 and .47/375 really woke it up a tonne (we use hot dots .52/275 for game balls)

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Broke mine in with .44/400 and .47/375 really woke it up a tonne (we use hot dots .52/275 for game balls)

One of the few remaining bats that you can actually hit with 375lb+ balls. Bunch of guys locally swinging them with .52/275 game balls and they're on par with Worth/Miken.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Continues to surprise me that more lovers of the 16 Fulk Gray Worth bats are not grabbing the EL and working them in. Once worked in it's what these remind me of.

Needs a few sessions of BP and several hundred hits worth of all types of balls and some harder stuff to wake up.

But once you get it sitting close to pass line and keep to game type ball specs after, well rewarded. And durable.

I've seen these rip even 52s when well worked in.

We have buddies with these and they hang with whatever else I personally chose to swing. Just took some time and effort on this model.

Anything new in 2019 makeup and material wise? Hopefully this is a step forward and a better Crush.

Last edited:

THESHOE

Starting Player
Yes, and NOT like the OG Hawk to the Black one that followed.... Which IMO went from very quick efficient to use bats to stubborn loggy but eventually good. I was more of a fan of the OG Hawk pop.

Would like to see the Crush improve not regress. It showed a lot of potential. Might even swing one this season, may grab a used 2017 or something to hoard and look to the 18 later in season. My current fav bats are not exactly proving durable. Especially with my one league running Gold Dots 44cor balls.

Excited to demo this one in a short list of new releases I actually care about.

Hopefully it'll be like the gray Mamba vs original Mamba; same feel, same performance, quicker break-in.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
My current fav bats are not exactly proving durable. Especially with my one league running Gold Dots 44cor balls.

I think Mizuno is the only manufacturer currently making bats that will hold up to Gold/Gray Dots now that Easton is failing compression in under 100 swings.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I am inclined to agree.

Small handful of bats for sure nowadays that will go onto a second and third season of use with those balls.

Cracked a Worth Legit and Demarini Nautalai this season. This is gaming Gold Dots only (on the Demarini), and the Legit only BPd the harder stuff first 200~ cuts then Hots only.

The OG Hawk and Crush do rip 52cors well though once you gave them work with some rocks.

I may be all over 12.5-13" barrels next year. I will compare 18 vs 19 Crush and Juggys personally. The Nautalai formula was changed, and early reviews saying "Stiff handle" may have lured me elsewhere already. Not a fan of the alloy handles personally.

I think Mizuno is the only manufacturer currently making bats that will hold up to Gold/Gray Dots now that Easton is failing compression in under 100 swings.

CanadianClint

I am inclined to agree.

Small handful of bats for sure nowadays that will go onto a second and third season of use with those balls.

Cracked a Worth Legit and Demarini Nautalai this season. This is gaming Gold Dots only (on the Demarini), and the Legit only BPd the harder stuff first 200~ cuts then Hots only.

The OG Hawk and Crush do rip 52cors well though once you gave them work with some rocks.

I may be all over 12.5-13" barrels next year. I will compare 18 vs 19 Crush and Juggys personally. The Nautalai formula was changed, and early reviews saying "Stiff handle" may have lured me elsewhere already. Not a fan of the alloy handles personally.

I'll be rocking my pure Fuzion this year with my '18 Bal and EL. Still didn't get a chance to break in my 18 Baker

THESHOE

Starting Player
I have a Dedonatis Legit, a Nataulai and a Easton Resmondo to start my season. All with work in them and GTG.

Of the top 3 the gamer is the Demarini for now.

I say I won't add more, but, you know....

CanadianClint

I have a Dedonatis Legit, a Nataulai and a Easton Resmondo to start my season. All with work in them and GTG.

Of the top 3 the gamer is the Demarini for now.

I say I won't add more, but, you know....
You

Ya I was gaming my crush balanced, freak 30 and branch last year. Got BP work in on my FF360. Otherwise I'll have 6 to break in before this season starts.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I took it easy last year hearing about these bats failing in fifty settings, etc. I never had a bat fail, only busted one, and they didn't even compression test at worlds. I think I only got tested once all year. I'm beating the hell out of everything with a receipt and it things start to fail I'll just do what people used to do with the Genesis. Buy one, use it, when it busts sell the nr and buy a new one.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Swung this briefly last Fri -- Very soft barrel with good pop vs 2018 Crush. Good feel on in.

Should attract some new attention now that they start softer and seemed to pop relatively quickly.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Figured i'd come and add these reviews from our Canadian forums here... Some good early insight into the new Crush and its performance:

Geezer000's review....

I got a chance to swing the New 2019 Mizuno Crush in the grape flavour (13" barrel). I only swang the EL version so that is what my review will be based on.

Swing Weight
The swing weight has a slightly less endloaded feel than last years Crush probably due to the longer barrel. It feels just like the Original Nighthawk for weighting. It doesn't feel as tomahawk-ish as last years Crush.

Contact Feel
Now, I did like the EL Crush last year but the feel of the ball coming off the bat was a little off for me due to the fact that I hit more inside barrel than outside. If I hit the ball near the end of the barrel it felt great. The feel of the new 13" barrel was MUCH better for my swing. I didn't miss hit a single ball in the time I had with the bat. The barrel is crisp without feeling mushy (Black nighthawk) or woodsy (Mamba). The sound is also drastically better as well. Not harping on last years Crush but although it had great POP, it didn't have a great sound. I know a lot of people love a good sound to go with good performance so that's a plus. I also feel that the bat doesn't flex at the 2-piece joint as much as last years Crush. Feels more like the Black nighthawk in that area.

Overall
Overall, I loved the bat. Last year when i demo'd the 2018 Crush I came away with mixed feelings. There was such a drastic difference between the EL (to much) and Balanced (not balanced enough). So much so that both felt off for me. I started the year with the EL and then with the Balanced and ended up swinging my Mamba the rest of the year. That all changed with the 2019 Crush. The swing of the EL was Perfect. Lets call it a 3/4 load. Right were I like it. If someone would ask me for a sentence to best describe it it would be:

It marries the wonderful barrel of the original nighthawk with the great thin handle of the black nighthawk while sounding like a broken in Craze.

IMG_20181129_201438 by Jacob Giesbrecht, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

And then my add on take to Geezer's pretty accurate review....

I agree with a lot of what is said above. My experience is pretty similar so far.

Key notes for me on this year's vs previous....

Barrel --- Hotter from swing 1. Felt great at first demos out of wrap. Barrel had a nice open sweet spot feel and very forgiving. Hottest early on I've seen from them since they got into 2pc bats (for slowpitch). True 13" with a long taper to handle. Visually fine. Had no issues with making good contact and finding the sweet spot. Dead middle big sweet spot for me. Mi****s still hjad juice on them (I rate bats highly for this nowadays - But if I eff up and mi**** off center of etc, does it still have something behind it?)

Handle --- Geezer nailed it. Not as bendy as 2018 Crush, not as fat feeling as OG Nighthawk either. Had the nicer thinner feel of Black NH and Crush but attached to a much different barrel with better feel and pop to me.

Weights --- EL felt great to me. Just the right amount. 1/2oz feel or so. Nothing sledgy or over bearing. Very Harvey Legit like to me /// Bal was actually more true Bal from them for a change. This should appease many who've had the slightly loaded complaint about the Bal Mizzys.

It just felt good early on, and felt even better when trying the demo 27el again a week later. Had a few hit back at me while pitching that certainly had exit speed to show for it.
laser.gif

Key thing I am noticing early here on with this bat at demos --- People who never tried Mizuno are drawn to it. Colour and sound of others hitting it seems to get people picking it up, and the performance is there to garner positive pleasant reviews from users right now. A few friends who never liked Mizuno before were giving it repeat trials and several rounds worth of hits. Saying nothing but good things.

Mizuno loyals should be in for a treat...

I think they have a winner here. This should gain them some followers. I am curious to see now how durability and long term barrel performance and compression go. Seems like it starts much softer than anything Mizuno i'd hit before. More active, more barrel bounce, more pop. Whereas OG Nighthawk just had a soft thud, this has a soft barrel trampoline feel with a nice loud crack sound about it.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Anyone get their hands on the 12" 2018/19 model yet ? I'm torn trying to decide between 3 bats this year. Balanced Crush, Balanced Freakshow, or Balanced Nautalai. Decisions, decisions.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone know if the Lime Crush is out and available in the US? Really want to try the balanced and have a buddy wanting the endloaded. Haven't seen much info other than this thread.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Anyone know if the Lime Crush is out and available in the US? Really want to try the balanced and have a buddy wanting the endloaded. Haven't seen much info other than this thread.
Mizuno told me that the Lime crush was CANADIAN only....
I love that color scheme.....
The warranty exchange on the Nighthawk, you get the ORANGE crush.