lineup theory

bear's dad

1 Thess. 4:11
From what I have gathered through researching this forum (i.e. the search button) it seems like a good way to set a lineup is to have your strongest players bat first in the lineup and the weakest at the end.
My question is would the same theory be feasible in a co-ed league where you can't bat more than two guys in row? Since the girls are spaced throughout the lineup, but the best female players would hit higher up in the order?
Suggestions?

Our first game was tonight, but I had to throw the lineup together at the last minute because I had to get 7 fill-ins from other teams that had played earlier. 90% of my team will be back next week so I'll be able to set the lineup in advance.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
From what I have gathered through researching this forum (i.e. the search button) it seems like a good way to set a lineup is to have your strongest players bat first in the lineup and the weakest at the end.
My question is would the same theory be feasible in a co-ed league where you can't bat more than two guys in row? Since the girls are spaced throughout the lineup, but the best female players would hit higher up in the order?
Suggestions?

Our first game was tonight, but I had to throw the lineup together at the last minute because I had to get 7 fill-ins from other teams that had played earlier. 90% of my team will be back next week so I'll be able to set the lineup in advance.

If this is the case.. I wouldn't have worried too much about it.

johnsonrod

Starting Player
Suggestions?

is this a joke??

you actually had to research whether it was a good idea to bat the best hitters towards the top of the order and the worst towards the bottom?

Villeson

Addicted to Softballfans
I build my Co-Ed lineups with a formula thats been working lately:

1) Male -- Speed/High Avg
2) Male -- High Avg/Speed (Doubles power to avoid the double play)
3) Female -- Highest Avg
4) Male -- Power Hitter (Again so hes at least on 2 to avoid double plays)
5) Female -- Next Highest Avg
6) Male -- Next Avg
7) Male -- Next Avg
8) Female -- Next Avg
9) Female -- Next Avg
10) Male -- High Speed

This works for us because we have at least 2 decent girls so that we can get through the line up most innings. If you have smart guys that know their rolls and will hit hard grounders in spots 10,1,2 you can usually get runs. Its works very well for my Co-ed team but its all about your players, I tool with it every now and then but this is usually our formula. It can get sticky if your 6/7 hitters can't move around the bases. The key to winning Co-ed is making your third out a female and not throwing away the ball. It blows my mind that people try to throw home from the OF with girls that won't move 3 feet to make a catch. Just hold the forces and profit.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
don't put the slow whale in front of a guy who'll hit a double......

hope.......this......helps

hotcorner42

Addicted to Softballfans
i space out the power hitters...rather than have our mashers hitting 3-4-5, i put one at 4 and another at 8, with some high BA guys in between...make sure they both get up with runners on base.

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
Suggestions?

Easy

Female with booty shorts
Female with booty shorts
Shemale
Female with booty shorts
Female with booty shorts
Shemale
Female with booty shorts
Female with booty shorts
Shemale
Female with booty shorts
Shemale