Long drive competitions

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
You guys didn't disappoint, I appreciate the fat jokes and swing jokes lol I've played golf probably 10 times in the last 10 years, that's why I'm asking for some insight.

I'll take Bird25's advice and ask for help on golfwrx.

cposiasca1

is diggin country bootie
If you are in Mesa, you def have tons of people close who could help you. My old boss and a friend have been in LD a long time... the buddy works for I think Cleveland now, hes been bouncing around since he was on the LD tour.

I don't think there is a ton of money to be made in it, unless you are good enough to get a rep job and do that.

From the look of the vid, you are too far bent over to get the loft/trajectory you need...

AND... club speed vs head speed are very different.

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are in Mesa, you def have tons of people close who could help you. My old boss and a friend have been in LD a long time... the buddy works for I think Cleveland now, hes been bouncing around since he was on the LD tour.

I don't think there is a ton of money to be made in it, unless you are good enough to get a rep job and do that.

From the look of the vid, you are too far bent over to get the loft/trajectory you need...

AND... club speed vs head speed are very different.

Got ya, I appreciate the feedback. I'll go back and get more upright next time I swing.

I didn't think there was a ton of money to be made, but if I could at least break even that'd be something I'd look into. These guys are taking 6+ clubs out there to these events, and making an investment like that without knowing anything about it didn't seem like the best route for me. That's why I brought it here. Thanks again

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, if you ain't hitting it 385+ consistently, then don't bother. IIRC, you can go the LDC website and see qualifying events in your area, and see what distances won them in the past.

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
No really tho, you're going to get laughed at worse there.

That's 'murica, people are always laughing and passing judgement on everyone. Why would I expect something different on a golf site?

Honestly, if you ain't hitting it 385+ consistently, then don't bother. IIRC, you can go the LDC website and see qualifying events in your area, and see what distances won them in the past.

Good point, never thought to look up the local stuff and see. Thanks for the feedback.

Treb

Retired
Alright, here is a link to a vid. I went back and got 6 swings in, you can see the ball speed at the end.This one was only 187mph not the 194 I got yesterday (out of 20 swings) I'm sure I'll just get flamed more, but am hoping someone will give a little legit insight. This was with a Nike Covert driver for those who care.

http://s420.photobucket.com/user/nathan_17_885/media/Golf swing.mp4.html

don't listen to anyone in this thread, they're all just gonna hate on you. you should really enter one of the LD contests. i think you'll have a good chance at winning.

trip

stfu
i can't navigate very well on wrx. i don't even know what my username is, it's blocked here and it's auto sign in at home. it was at least five years ago, i'm sure it's long gone.

basically a bunch of snooty rich pricks told me the most expensive shafts were garbage and i'd get the same performance out of a 1" tipped aldila or graffaloy stiff shaft as i would a 50" XXX house of forged

tds

Addicted to Softballfans
mother****er are we going to renew our feud for a third consecutive year?

You hit 400 hundred yard drives and ask guys that hit 260 for advice. Makes no sense. It's a love hate kinda thang.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Trip needs to play outside of the mountains....hey, look at me. 385 carry at 37,000 feet above sea level

trip

stfu
Trip needs to play outside of the mountains....hey, look at me. 385 carry at 37,000 feet above sea level

the distance difference is, at most, 5%. it's really not that much different. half a club, tops.

You hit 400 hundred yard drives and ask guys that hit 260 for advice. Makes no sense. It's a love hate kinda thang.

with a stock shaft. five years ago nobody knew **** about LD clubs