Long drive competitions

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
if i played golf maybe 10 times in the past 10 years i don't think i'd be thinking about dropping a few grand on entering any golf related competions. that's just my thinking tho.

cposiasca1

is diggin country bootie
the distance difference is, at most, 5%. it's really not that much different. half a club, tops.

with a stock shaft. five years ago nobody knew **** about LD clubs

5yrs ago? are you high? we were bringing in custom Ti heads and all kinds of shafts in -94-95-96-97... LD kind of went quiet and then made a huge come back...b/c of the interwebz and social media. My old boss put 20 clubs together one night, we went and tested them...he caved the face in of 1/2, took the other 1/2 to a LD qualifier in Atlanta and smoked everyone there.. that was 94 or 95...and those were "custom components" or knockoffs...so yeah, people knew a ton about LD well before 5 yrs ago.

trip

stfu
5yrs ago? are you high? we were bringing in custom Ti heads and all kinds of shafts in -94-95-96-97... LD kind of went quiet and then made a huge come back...b/c of the interwebz and social media. My old boss put 20 clubs together one night, we went and tested them...he caved the face in of 1/2, took the other 1/2 to a LD qualifier in Atlanta and smoked everyone there.. that was 94 or 95...and those were "custom components" or knockoffs...so yeah, people knew a ton about LD well before 5 yrs ago.

it's not and never was a common knowledge. if you think more than 1% of wrx knows about LD, you're a dolt.

cposiasca1

is diggin country bootie
it's not and never was a common knowledge. if you think more than 1% of wrx knows about LD, you're a dolt.

i dont go to wrx, and would venture to say 90% of golfers dont... you forget, the internet is where mostly tool bags go to try and be great.

bighitter319

Hittin home runs for outs
U want some legitimate advice from someone who has been to the world championship... 3 times... Listen up. It doesn't matter how big u are... Or who much u weigh.. 2 of our greatest champions were under 5'10 (sadlowski and zuback). Its all in speed, launch, spin. To realitsticlly think you have a shot at making money... You need to have a ball speed of 207-212 mph. That will get you to the championship week. Equipment can be had for less then expected unless u buy latest niw stuff. Incepta.CA is the long drive version of sbf. Register and start shopping. I'm the same screen name on there as I am here. I no longer compete nationally cus of knee injuries... But do hold down the upper midwest. For those that wanna be internet tough guys.... Google 2009 military longdrive. I'm the guys in short sleeves in below 30* weather in Nevada. Wisconsin proud.

ntz

tricknollegy
i didn't google that but can you tell us more stories from LD contests past. i'm interested in this.

bighitter319

Hey trip.... Proof is in the video. Ive been there. U hit a ball 335-343 in freezing temps and wind in ur face at 20+ mph... Then come talk ****. Only then will u have earned the right to even start to talk ****. But I'm sure a guy like you would prolly.... Trip.... Over his shoelace walking to the tee box and break ur wrist so like I said... Keep being a internet tough guy while ur sucking on ur moms tit behind the keyboard. Have a great day.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
i don't think trip would be considered the internet tough guy here based on your posts

bighitter319

I'd offer up a few stories.... But I'm sure homos like that trip ****face would have a field day bitching that a video wasnt posted so it bull****. We dont need to add to the only thing they r... Or ever will be good at in their lives.... Anymore then I already have.

trip

stfu
all i did was say "lulz 343". you're the douchebag rolling in here calling people tough guy.

the weather report says "wind chill near 40 with gusts up to 25". that doesn't equate to freezing temps. i play in freezing temps with plenty of wind until june and every round after labor day. so what.

then you go on to say you need a ball speed better than the world record? well no ****. how did you come up with that world class logic?

ntz

tricknollegy
don't let the haters and internet tough guys get you down bro. i know i want to hear some of your stories, they sound pretty bad ass. all these long drive competitions. what's the DL scene like at these things?

bighitter319

U know... Instead of saying... Lulz 343... He should have said... "Thanks for ur service. Cus of guys like you... I can sit here ripping on ppl to make myself feel better cus I'm a nobody and will never amount to anything."

Joker

Hey trip.... Proof is in the video. Ive been there. U hit a ball 335-343 in freezing temps and wind in ur face at 20+ mph... Then come talk ****. Only then will u have earned the right to even start to talk ****. But I'm sure a guy like you would prolly.... Trip.... Over his shoelace walking to the tee box and break ur wrist so like I said... Keep being a internet tough guy while ur sucking on ur moms tit behind the keyboard. Have a great day.

thats pure gold right there

Joker

U know... Instead of saying... Lulz 343... He should have said... "Thanks for ur service. Cus of guys like you... I can sit here ripping on ppl to make myself feel better cus I'm a nobody and will never amount to anything."

thats pretty arrogant. demanding people thank you for your service. sounds like you served for all the wrong reasons. serving just so random people on the internet would thank you is pretty ****ed up

bighitter319

Check again bro... Ball speed of 2013 champ was 222. Believe ryan winter has ball speed record if I'm not mistaken at about 224.2. Have to check that to make sure though. The scene is awesome. Rock music going on in the background while ur hitting... Guys trash talking each other on the tee box.... The adrenaline rush of hitting your last ball 400+ to beat the guy next to ya and advance.... Its just awesome.

trip

stfu
lol. i'm not even going to dignify that with a response. i don't need to flaunt my military credentials.

bighitter319

thats pretty arrogant. demanding people thank you for your service. sounds like you served for all the wrong reasons. serving just so random people on the internet would thank you is pretty ****ed up

Thats a valid point.

Joker

Check again bro... Ball speed of 2013 champ was 222. Believe ryan winter has ball speed record if I'm not mistaken at about 224.2. Have to check that to make sure though. The scene is awesome. Rock music going on in the background while ur hitting... Guys trash talking each other on the tee box.... The adrenaline rush of hitting your last ball 400+ to beat the guy next to ya and advance.... Its just awesome.

truck nuts hanging from your golf bag

ntz

tricknollegy
what's the DL scene like though, i want to know about that. most guys out there are on the DL right. that's what i'm looking for.