Look mom, no hands

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Having surgery on the forearm and hand Thursday. I have decided it's time to reclaim my lower body from the broken femur and hip from last year. I will be limited to the equipment available in my apartment's gym. Before you guys thrash me on here, please remember I haven't worked out in 6 years due to cancer and a very advanced round of organ and bone damage due to hemachromatosis.

Here goes nothing.

grubd

Banned User
This is against everything I believe in for working out but I'd stick to machines and take it really easy for a couple months. When your arms are ready squats and lunges.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I did 45 minutes on the elliptical last night and tried to focus on keeping consistent pressure and length of stride on both sides. I had noticed the imbalance in stride length when running. I want to correct it now before it gets too bad.

Then i stretched out my hip flexors, ran some sprints. t Tonight, I'll do some wall squats and jumping. I figureI'll get most ofthe sweating out of the way now i get my new cast. y

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Too dizzy to lift right now. Need a good alternative to vicodin. Anything as effective at pain blocking without being narcotic?

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Slow and steady will def win the race here. If you're too hopped up to workout, maybe work on flexibility for 15 min or so. Nothing crazy.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Turns out it was the antibiotics making me so damned dizzy. I was allergic to keflex. I will be back at it tomorrow.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I warmed up on an elliptical and some crazy stepper. Then I did 3 sets of push presses. Then 3 fast sets of leg presses followed by 2 sets of leg presses with 7 seconds up and 7 seconds down. Then 3 sets of leg extensions, 2 sets of calf raises, and 2 more sets of leg presses.

Then I stretched. I'll do the trickier stuff next time when I don't have my son with me.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Did some different stuff last night as I'm now a conditioning coach for some lady basketball teams. Ran some resistance sprints. Did a bunch of squatting high knee jumps, a few sets of lunges, and some agility ladder drills. Legs are toast this morning. They're not rubbery or weak, they just hurt like a sumbitch.

Last edited:

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually, my back and shoulders are worse and I didn't even work them out. I got it bad. I failed an oxidized metal test today.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a phlebotomy yesterday, so no gym. Up late helping a buddy get ready for a wedding. Will hit the gym in the morning.