Looking an ASA Metal 1pc bat for a friend-NEED HELP!

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
Got a call from a friend located in Va. he is in college and they are playing going the 2004 ASA bat list , BUT the bats have to be 2004 ASA aprroved, non-composite and have a metal endcap, or domed over endcap. Yeah these rules SUCK but what would you guys reccommend?

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
06-07 pyrotech is going to be your best bet

wait 1 piece or singlewall?

Thanks for the fat reply bro, just checked the reviews and there are not any, got a pic of what they look like? Are any of them endloaded?

Joker

unless you look at hammers, anderson and TPS are the only ones i know that made metals with metal endcaps or a solid end. not many with a 2004 stamp

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
unless you look at hammers, anderson and TPS are the only ones i know that made metals with metal endcaps or a solid end. not many with a 2004 stamp

I have been looking at the TPS Powerdome's and Ritches but I can not find any with the 2004 ASA stamp. I think he is going to be better off with an Anderson.

Joker

might be able to get away with a tri-shell. the metal rolls over the end and there is a rubber plug in the middle

jaj23

Eye Baller
Would a CV12 work? It is metal on the outside with a composite sleeve inside. The end of the bat is rolled with a small plastic plug in the end. If not, go with a PyroTech.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
might be able to get away with a tri-shell. the metal rolls over the end and there is a rubber plug in the middle

I only remember one Tri-Shell coming with 2004 stamp, though, and I want to say it was the lesser of the two blue ones (Sc777 instead of Sc500 or something?). Still probably the best bet if the rollover counts, though. If the recert stamp meets the requirement for the stamp, then they're even better. OG blue Tri-Shell recert = the goodz for these rules.

crf158

Benchwarmer
I think you guys are missing the obvious. The rules are metal endcap OR turned over endcap. Get a Techzilla with a metal endcap. The 2006 or 2007 models should have both the stamp and metal endcap.

NewGuy

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a green/orange TPS warrior powerdome that has the 2004 ASA stamp on it. If he's interested let me know. It's new.

x25

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you guys are missing the obvious. The rules are metal endcap OR turned over endcap. Get a Techzilla with a metal endcap. The 2006 or 2007 models should have both the stamp and metal endcap.

Yeah - it seems like a Techzilla is far and away the best bet here.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
If multiwalls are allowed, get a RocketTech if you like a little endload; get a TechZilla if you like it somewhat balanced.

If multiwalls are not allowed, get a PyroTech or Ignite.

jaj23

Eye Baller
I think we need more specifics on the bat rules before any of these suggestions are valid. i.e. What qualifies as a metal endcap? Does it have to be entirely metal?

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
I think we need more specifics on the bat rules before any of these suggestions are valid. i.e. What qualifies as a metal endcap? Does it have to be entirely metal?

From what info he has told me it has to be complelty rolled over or have an all metal endcap. So I'm going to assume that most Anderson's will be fine. So now which Anderson and what year? I need pic's to help me narrow down my search, and he is wanting an endloaded bat.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Have you mentioned to him that shaving pretty much anything metal other than PST = dented bat? This is really a horrible rule. Techzilla (relatively high end and obscure doublewall) and cheap $20 Walmart specials are your options with a bunch of "maybe it's rolled over" bats with no real rhyme or reason to their performance? If you're going to be that limiting, it seems like you either should go single piece / one material singlewall or have him handpick a couple dozen legal bat models.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
Have you mentioned to him that shaving pretty much anything metal other than PST = dented bat? This is really a horrible rule. Techzilla (relatively high end and obscure doublewall) and cheap $20 Walmart specials are your options with a bunch of "maybe it's rolled over" bats with no real rhyme or reason to their performance? If you're going to be that limiting, it seems like you either should go single piece / one material singlewall or have him handpick a couple dozen legal bat models.

Trust me, I feel the way you do bro, but I'm here in NC and he is in Va. I really don't know just how far he is, has or will push his LD concerning this retarded bat rule. I'm about ready to tell him just get wood softball bat and be done with it.