ASA looking at 2000 stamp scx24b

TimHansen14

R.I.P. COMEAUX
Just looking for clarification on a reaffermation on my part. If I buy a 2000 stamp scx24b It is still legal for ASA Play correct?

According to the ASA site "must bear either the ASA approved 2000 certification mark or the ASA 2004 certification mark as shown below, and must not be listed on an ASA non approved list, and must be included on a list of approved bat models published by the ASA National Office.

Since it has the stamp isn't on a non approved list and is on the approved list I should be good to go.

Again, I'm just making sure I'm not making a mistake buying the bat.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
ASA's website shows that the Easton Synergy SCX24B is approved for use in ASA.

As mentioned before, local leagues may have bat rules that differ from ASA's, but as far as ASA is concerned, there's nothing wrong with that model. Swing away!

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I've read on here before that some kids' FP leagues require a 2004 ASA stamp. Otherwise it's GTG for ASA, and a good choice for a FP bat.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I've read on here before that some kids' FP leagues require a 2004 ASA stamp. Otherwise it's GTG for ASA, and a good choice for a FP bat.

Very few leagues require it; it's usually an umpire that doesn't know any better who tosses it.

Excellent choice for a bat; there's a good chance I'd be swinging a 34/24 if I didn't hate the feel of it.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q

The PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Atheletic Association) - basically the school sports governing authority for PA - requires the 2004 stamp no matter what. My daughter's best friend has a 2000 stamped TPS "Air Gold" bat that she loves and hits a ton with but it got tossed at one of their games. For school games, she uses my daughter's catalyst instead.