Looking for a good stuff quality glove

llg257

I was looking at Wilson A2000’s but finding one in 14 inch was kind of hard. I also have a hard time justifying the price is it really worth the money? Looking for a good quality glove I’m open to recommendations.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree completely. this is my 13.5"

3INRWOX.jpeg

EFA7Caw.jpeg

littleman13

The Veteran
I was considering a glovesmith until a found a gently used GMP2 locally for less. I've been using a GCP for years so it's what I'm used to. But the glovesmith Kip leather custom was only like $220. Other leathers were even less, very reasonable in my book. Now I'm just looking for a horween

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
just for the record, glovesmith and gloveworks are not the same. glovesmith tends to have very american patterns in my opinion. kinda along the lines of Nokona. glovesmith has both american and asian patterned gloves which i would compare closer to Rawlings and Mizuno respectively. that's just my opinion though. both have some good, stiff leathers.

Party mafia

I was looking at Wilson A2000’s but finding one in 14 inch was kind of hard. I also have a hard time justifying the price is it really worth the money? Looking for a good quality glove I’m open to recommendations.
wilson has their a2000 sp14 for msrp.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Gloveworks all day long. You will not beat the quality for the price.
Beautiful gloves, well made, will last for years.

5GMGGyal.jpg

Attachments

• bjwzL1wl.jpg
    bjwzL1wl.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 6dgAJBVl.jpg
    6dgAJBVl.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 3

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Check out gloveworks customs

Gloveworks all day long. You will not beat the quality for the price.
Beautiful gloves, well made, will last for years.

^^^ This.

Their quality to price ratio is untouchable by any other manufacturer. I own a Wilson A2000, I've relaced Heart of the Hides, but I only use Gloveworks now. They're as good (I'd argue they're better) for half the money.

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I have an A2000 13.5" H web that I love. Was thinking about getting another as a backup since my currrent one took about 100 days of pre-game warmups to break in fully, but couldn't find any from regular sources. Was considering a custom-made one direct from Wilson for $399. That's a lot of money but IMO worthwhile for such a great glove, but if Gloveworks is half the price? Question is how will it feel compared to the A2000.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I have an A2000 13.5" H web that I love. Was thinking about getting another as a backup since my currrent one took about 100 days of pre-game warmups to break in fully, but couldn't find any from regular sources. Was considering a custom-made one direct from Wilson for $399. That's a lot of money but IMO worthwhile for such a great glove, but if Gloveworks is half the price? Question is how will it feel compared to the A2000.

The Gloveworks feel great, especially in the classic tan-brown-wheat-black colors. Another HUGE positive that GW has over new A2000s is that they only use shell leather inside, so they don't break down like the padded-foam A2000 interior would.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Great looking glove! It is not clear on the website how to order rough welting. How'd you spec it?

Donald is great. all you gotta do is request it in the additional comments section when ordering

Gloveworks is great for doing extras outside of the regular options on their custom builder. I just ordered another and requested 8 special options, they're accommodating every one.